“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erbusaig
Fife
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

Just returned from a brilliant 3 days at the Tingle Creek.
The hotel is beautifully set within a little bay.
Natalie, her family and their staff provided the best service i have ever recieved at a UK Hotel. Their attention to detail is admirable and nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms are bright and clean with an excellent tea tray.
The restaurant is fantastic with great views and superb food, couldn't fault it. The staff made a fuss of 8 yr old at dinner which he really loved and is still talking about it.
This is a great wee hotel which I hope to return to and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank Hubblegardner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
linlithgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

thought this was a lovely friendly family run hotel. couldn't fault the food, which was great. lovely views overlooking skye and other islands while having breakfast. will definitely come back.

• Liked — friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — some decor does need updating
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank weekendholiday
New Lenox, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

Unfortunately we did not actually stay at Tingle Creek because we didn't know about it's existence and had already booked a cottage for the entire week. We happened upon Tingle Creek by accident and had dinner there. I have never met such warm, friendly people. They had only been in business for a couple of weeks, after having taken it over from the previous owners. The food was phenominal, the staff was great, so we returned for another dinner a couple of nights later and were treated like old friends. I hope that someday I will have another opportunity to visit Scotland and I will certainly stay at Tingle Creek when in the highlands. Barbara Greenlund, New Lenox, IL USA

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank barbe2
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

Superb location, quiet with fabulous views. Food was 5 star quality and the staff were all very friendly and professional. Lovely dining room with panoramic views to the Isle of Skye, also a good public bar with excellent bar food. We can not wait to get back there. (P & G Northumberland)

• Liked — Fantastic staff, food and location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Boro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

We arrived around teatime and we were greeted by an extremely friendly family who made us feel welcomed and relaxed immediately.

Our room was spotless, beautiful decorated and with an en-suite to die for! We had a loch view and it did not disappoint, we were lucky enough to arrive on a lovely Summers evening and we were treated to a tranquil, still loch inviting you to jump right in.

After the most gorgeous shower ever, we were feeling peckish and we had the choice of a restaurant meal or bar meal. We opted for the latter and it was as scrumptious as the menu suggested, the chefs home made onion rings were exceptional! The atmosphere of the galleon bar put you at ease and with an extremely friendly barman who catered to your every need who kept the drinks and the banter flowing! We also met some local characters who were very useful tourist guides!

Breakfast was served between 7-9am, the menu was varied with traditional Scottish choices and it took ages to decide on what to have! After a morning out we popped back for lunch and the hotel was more than willing to serve us in the very tasteful residents lounge with some sandwiches despite being jammed packed with Sunday lunch diners.

Again we were spoilt for choice for an evening meal and opted to dine in the restaurant and what a treat! The food can be only be described as a melt in the mouth delight with a service of impeccability and more importantly friendliness. The next morning, after another beautiful breakfast, we were sorry to go home. We can't recommend this hotel strongly enough, the family run atmosphere is of great warmth and you are made to feel at home on arrival and throughout your stay! The location is perfect and ideal for a long lazy weekend, it’s an absolute must to experience and we can't wait to go back

• Liked — The Owners and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalamityDave
Cumbernauld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Tingle Creek Hotel in Erbusaig. Being a keen hill walker, I have stayed in lots of hotels & B&Bs in Scotland, particularly the west coast but the Tingle Creek was something else. As a nation I think we're sometimes quick to complain yet slow to praise and while I always verbally express my appreciation and satisfaction with the service I receive, I have only once put pen to paper (so to speak) about exceptional service or experience. This is the second. My stay in this hotel was simply first class. The location itself is spectacular - but there are many spectacular locations on the west coast. This was different. The hotel has obviously had a lot of tasteful refurbishment recently. Our bedroom was lovely with nice little soft furnishing touches (as has the rest of the hotel). The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous. I know it might sound daft waxing lyrical about a bathroom, but when I go to a hotel/ B&B/room that's not my own I want to know (amongst other things like view & noise etc), 1) are the sheets/bed clean? 2) would I walk on the carpet with my bare feet? & 3) is the bathroom somewhere I WANT to have a bath/shower? YES to all of the above! We had dinner in the hotel 2 of the 3 nights & wished it had been 3. The family who run the hotel are perfect hosts. That's what it feels like - like they want to make you feel at home & there for you at the same time. Nothing's a bother for them. This would make a great venue for a Highland wedding! Quirky, sunken dance floor or separate function suite. I'm trying to persuade my boyfriend to go back for Hogmanay. I was a bit apprehensive because the hotel hadn't received its STB grading yet - anything less than a 3 or 4star would be an absolute travesty. Try this place - I can assure you, you won't be disappointed, oh, & ask the owner about the name - it's a great story!

• Liked — The food, the family who run the hotel & the cleanliness/decor
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Morar
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

My wife and I have just returned from spending a few days at the Tingle Creek Hotel in Erbusaig, and what an amazing find it turned out to be. Intending to spend our short break at Plockton, we tried the Tingle Creek, after we were uanble to make a booking in Plockton Village.
Despite this being a first visit, we were greeted like old friends by every member of staff, and made to feel very much "at home". Our bedroom and bathroon were both spotlessly clean, and since I had asked for a view, we had an optimum view of the loch and the village of Erbusaig.
The spacious residents' lounge was an excellent meeting place, before and after dinner. What made this visit truly memorable, were the simple little touches, like never being asked to sign for anything (drinks etc.), and the bill being accurate at check-out. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
It is the experience of the hospitality to be found at this family-owned hotel, which makes one realise that the service, which is sometimes sadly lacking in the hotel trade today, can still be found .....if you are fortunate enough to find a location such as this one.

To the staff at the Tingle Creek Hotel at Erbusaig .......Keep up the good work and Good Luck for the future. We will surely be back.

Stayed June 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erbusaig
Kyle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Torridon
Dunollie Hotel
Dunollie Hotel
#2 of 2 in Broadford

Been to Tingle Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!