“Very convenient”

Radisson Hotel Narita
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As many other travelers, I stayed there for one night only, before catching an early morning flight from Narita Airport.
The hotel has a very convenient (and free) shuttle service departing every 30 minutes from terminal 2 and terminal 1 of Narita Airport. All the details can be found on their website, even the number of the bus stop outside the airport at which the shuttle will pick you up is mentioned. They also have shuttles between Narita City and the hotel, and between Tokyo central station and the hotel (the latter is not free, though).
These shuttles make the hotel very easy to access and very convenient.
The rooms are big enough for Japan, and comfortable. The only downside is that WiFi is only available in the lounge and restaurant areas downstairs.
There is a very big swimming pool but I didn't get to use it due to a lack of time. It looked nice, though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Sawaddeekha
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here before catching an early flight from Tokyo.

Caught the bus to the radisson from Tokyo station which ws very handy and only 1400 Yen.

Used the gym and indoor pool and no extra was charged, this was included in my rate.
Also ate and had adrink in the lounge foyer which was great.

Good nights sleep and all for a very cheap price.

Highly recommend. Also there is a free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaneyEmmerson
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Delta put me up in the Radisson (with many others) due to flight delays. I didn't pay for anything so I can't speak to the value but I was impressed at the quality of the room, dinner/breakfast, and the internet connection. The rugs and room were a little beat up and old but the bed, which really matters, was very comfortable.

Highlights:
- wireless: good connection. Available in the lobby (and some rooms)
- buffet: good quality and variety. Japanese and Western options.
- A few English TV news channels
- Room includes: water heater with tea and coffee, iron and ironing board, soap/shampoo/conditioner, etc.

I recommend the Radisson for an airport hotel and would consider staying there again if airport proximity was critical.

1  Thank JSuar
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Radisson Narita when my flight was delayed to an on board medical emergency enroute to Narita causing my plane to be diverted to Anchorage Alaska for about an hour causing me to miss my onward flight to Hong Kong.

The room was provided by Delta Airlines.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable and I slept decently, about as well as one normally sleeps on their first night coming from the US to Asia.

The check-in was reasonably efficient given that they were handling 3 bus loads of my fellow travelers.

The dinner buffet and breakfast buffets provided with the room were both decent.

The airport shuttle got me to the airport in time to catch a morning onward flight.

Only thing real complaint I had was the lack of electrical outlets in the room. I had a hard time finding somewhere to plug in my laptop, tablet and cell phone.

Not a bad place to stay if your stuck in Narita for the night or have an early morning flight. Not sure I'd stay here for any other reason ... Like Narita Airport ... it's a bit out of the way.

1  Thank linzerhi
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Japan is tough, nothing is in English so I am convinced they could care less about you, the tourist. This hotel is occupied mostly by Delta and other airline crews and caters to Americans, so they "get it". They have lots of land so there are 2 pools(one too cold to swim in), 2 tennis courts, a golf tee, beautiful grounds, good walking in the neighborhood(farms and suburban homes), an American sports bar and and American/Asian restaurant, and a decent work out room. It is a tad outdated and need some remodeling, but the good outweighs the bad. There are busses to Narita(cool small town) or Tokyo from the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower vs the annex
3  Thank GTrooper
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently missed a flight to Bangkok due to a flight maintenance issue. Detla put me up in the Radisson at Narita. I was very impressed with my stay. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. Since I had an evening flight the next day, the hotel allowed me to stay in my room until it was time to go back to the airport. The shuttle runs every hour. I was able to do some work, and I thought the internet had good speed. They gave me vouchers for their restaurant, and I was very impressed with the food. They had breakfast and lunch buffets with several varieties of food. My bed was very comfortable, and I was able to get a good night’s sleep. Overall, a great end to missing a connection. If I’m every back Narita and need a place to stay, I will probably choose this Radisson!

1  Thank jcoe
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here two nights before an early flight back to Europe. Idea was to relax and enjoy the sun by the pool (the outdoor pool was why I booked this hotel). However, the wheather was not that good, so instead we rented a bike from the hotel and had a little cycle tour trough the countryside to Narita Old Town and it's temples.
Bikes cost around 1000 yen each for 4 hours. Other amenities (pool, gym) have to be paid for as well. Prices are on the website, as well as schedules and maps for the bus to and from Tokyo that runs between the hotel and Tokyo station (1400 yen) and the airport shuttle. Shuttlebus ran frequently, took only 20 mins.
Food in the hotel is OK. There aren't really alternatives outside the hotel. Would recommend the diner buffet, though not cheap, over the pub food. Breakfast buffet was included (roomrate 13000 Yen) and had a huge choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wilhornis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomisato
Hotel Nikko Narita
Narita View Hotel
#5 of 33 in Narita
ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita
Narita Tobu Hotel Air Port

Been to Radisson Hotel Narita? Share your experiences!