See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The lobby of the Grand Goi Hotel is truly grand. It's lovely, and feels just like the upscale hotels in Tokyo. The workers at the front desk are very nice, helpful, friendly, and - I'm not sure how - but they always remember me. (I don't have to give my room number for my key, they know which room I'm in.) They are very professional and very good at what they do.

I won't sugarcoat this, though. When you step off the elevator, it's like you're in a different hotel. You can smell cigarette smoke in the hallway, and the carpet is drab and stained.

The room itself is fine. The floors are hard, the furniture is old, there are stains on the chairs, and the curtains are, well, dirty. That said, it's growing on me. Yes, it's clearly old and the rooms have never been renovated, but there's a relatively large refrigerator and freezer, a tea pot with tea bags and instant coffee, bottles of water every day, a large tv (in Japanese only), a closet, and a good-sized desk. Also, at least this room has two relatively large windows to let in plenty of light. Plus, they do have non-smoking rooms. (While the hallway smelled of smoke, my room does not.)

Also, this is probably the quietest hotel I've ever stayed at. Yes, when someone is in the hallway, I can hear them clearly. That said, people here are very quiet, and I've had no interruptions to my sleep.

Most importantly, I feel very safe here. There's a deadlock on the door, plus a second lock. And when I walk outside at night, it feels very safe.

The breakfast in the morning here is great, in my opinion. There are a number of options, mostly Japanese, but also toast, eggs, and pancakes. I'm very pleased with the breakfast, and the waitstaff are very kind, friendly, and helpful.

Regarding the area, there are at least 5 restaurants in the immediate vicinity, maybe more. Plus a 7-11.

I'm am very pleased that I stayed here.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Room is clean but look old and big but carpet have strong odour. Toilet are old and short; maybe not suitable for those taller than 180mm. Located with plenty of nice restaurants, shop and markets. Walking distance to Goi station, 15minutes walk. No internet in room, only wireless at lobby.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Goi Hotel, nice place for a visit to Ichihara. Different restaurants on walking distance. Helpful staff and friendly atmosphere. Nice Chinese restaurant inside. If you need a good hotel this one is certainly a place to book. Only point is height of the bad room, if you are higher as 1.95 meter you are stuck with your head to the sealing.

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights as it was linked to an event. Front desk was fantastic and so accommodating. Spoke more than enough English and were very friendly. The rooms on the top floor had been refurbished but I was told the ones lower down were abit tired. The pillows on the beds were extremely hard and felt like they were filled with buckwheat! Towels extremely thin and could do with replacing. Only ate breakfast twice here and it was above average and could cater for most. Experienced their buffet which was fantastic. There are quite a few eateries around this hotel so you did have a choice. Fantastic bakery next door. Overall an Ok choice although the area lacked shopping but did have a hardware store and pharmacy nearby and you could buy items that you may require. ATM close by at a Seven Eleven.

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This hotel is prity good so far. Hotel man is good. restrant is nice.

Date of stay: September 2010