Lowest prices for your stay
$203
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.com$203
Expedia.com$166
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2018

It is a very traditional japan style hot spring resort, elegant and peaceful. Most attracted was I can see and feel the enthusiasm from their staff. Make me feel so relax and enjoy the entire stay.

One disadvantage is there is no kind of commercial street nearby. Don't expect you can visit souvenir shop outside the hotel within walking distance.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience here, great food, beautiful room, nice services and staff, although the price is little bit expensive, it will make u worth it after u stay here, the owner of here give heart to this business and we will feel that,thx

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2014

We stayed at Grandia Housen one night in September 2014.
We had rented a car in Kanazawa 3 days earlier and drove slowly around the Noto Peninsula in Ishikawa and down to Fukui, returning the car at Awara Onsen around 5PM.
We had a reservation at Grandia Housen and the rental car counter person was nice enough to give us a rid to the ryokan.
We had a big room, 3 of them in one actually, in the more quiet side, with a private outdoor bath, rocking chair on the deck, massage chair inside, small private garden, luxury.
We went around this big building of an hotel, checking things out, surprised by the number of families staying there, on the other side, and happily retreated to "our "quiet side, ready for dinner in our room.
Chika was in charge, she was great, and made everything she could for us to enjoy our stay.
Thank you Chika, we both have a smile when we think about you.
The dinner was wonderful, in taste and colors, the otoro was surprising, melting wakasa beef, very special abalone. . .
More private onsen, more massage chair time, a peaceful night, a good breakfast, yet more soaking in the outdoor bath looking at the garden, and it is time to check out at 11AM.
Too fast.
We took their shuttle bus to the train station, and hoped on the 11:30AM train to Osaka.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stechaphil
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We are a family of four. Our father, my two sisters and I. We spent one night here in early December.

Awara Onsen was not initially on our itinerary, but we read a very favourable recommendation by Chua Lam and so made a booking on the internet. I also found a 50th anniversary special price. We only managed to book 4 Dec as 5 Dec was fully booked. I thought there must be something special about this place then.

We rented a car and drove ourselves from Nagoya. We arrived in the area at about 2:30pm and went to visit Tojinbo first. At about 3:45pm we left Tojinbo and after just a very short drive, 15 minutes at the most, we arrived at Grandia Housen. I parked my car at the main entrance to unload our luggages, then parked the car in the big car park. Overnight parking here is free.

The four of us were soon led to our big, 15 tatami Japanese style room. It was so nice to be out of the cold and wet and into this nice and warm place. There was an enclosed balcony which overlook the beautiful Japanese garden on ground floor. They served us snacks and green tea as soon as we entered our room. The girl who showed us around, I think she was called Nagahama, was very nice and spoke excellent English.

There were two toilets, a big bath room with shower facilities and two sinks. Very adequate for 4 of us. We had everything we needed. Of course our luggage was all there, delivered with no fuss whatsoever.

Before we arrived they had emailed and asked us whether we would like to have dinner and breakfast in our own room or in a private room in the dining room. My family are not keen to eat in the room so I asked for the private room. It was the correct move as the restaurant is very nicely decorated and the private room offered proper table and chairs which my dad prefers.

Dinner, this really was the highlight of our trip. We had a long menu and the food just kept coming and very delicious. Crab legs, chawanmushi, sashimi, fukui rice, shabu shabu, you name it. We had so much good food my sister, normally a big eater, passed on the bbq fish. My father ate so much he could not move and slept at 9pm prompt.

The onsens were great. The real gems were the two outdoor barrels. The cold weather outside with the hot springs water was a perfect match. I could get used to that!

Next morning we all over slept due to over eating. The hotel had to call us to come down for breakfast. We went down as quick as we could and ate some more good food. We then checked out at 10am.

We really loved it here. I don't think we would visit if we did not rent a car, as it seems like a rather remote place. But if you have the transport means, then this is definitely the place to stay.

Room tip: The rooms in the main block are big enough to sleep 4 or even 5 people. You can bath in the onsens, there are two toilets and two sinks in each room, so don't worry about 4 or 5 people sharing a room. It is common in Japan and it will most likely work out cheaper for you.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank angsa
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was my second stay for a couple nights at this hotel this year. I was in a Japanese Western room on the new annex with a Japanese living room and a western bedroom with twin beds. Very spacious for a couple. This is probably hot spring hotel at its best. Each room is designed differently and thoughtfully. There is a hot spring bath in each room. It is really convenient to take a hot spring bath when compared with going to the public bath. I did it four times a day.

There is free Internet in the room, and the audio visual system is nice. There is even a massage chair in the bedroom!

The Japanese banquets were great. There were dishes specially created for the hot summer. The seafood was seasonal. Live fishes were shown to us before they were prepared. The raw sea urchin (uni sashimi) was really fresh.

Ladies should ask for Japanese banquet dresses rather than wearing the Japanese bath robes found in the room for the banquets. The banquet dresses are very colorful and in many different colors.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank chandg