“Suitably stuffed”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #220 of 357 Restaurants in Trafford
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Suitably stuffed”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Came here for a girly lunch on a weekday to take advantage of the lunch deal. 3 courses for £9.95 not to be sniffed at.

There was plenty of choice and each course was lovely. The only thing I would complain about is we were sat in a booth and the waitress brought this canvas chair for my baby daughter to sit in which screwed onto the table. It was filthy. She did try to clean it bless her but it was quite possibly beyond help. However baby isn't sitting up yet so she didn't spend much time in there at all so it wasn't really a big deal, but may well be for those with babies that do eat.

It's not five star dining but I've given it five stars because you just can't argue with what you get for the price. We paid £12 each for 3 of us including drinks.

• Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice with good food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited Manchester last year and went to F&B Trafford Centre for lunch. Place very busy but staff seems to have everything under the control. Every 5-10 mins you could heard usual song if some has birthdays. My wife had birthday same day and asked staff if they could do something for her and they gave her ice creams ! :) We heard happy birthday song and ice creams arrived to our table! They were really busy but still had some time to organize something! Thanks a lot. And food was great as usual in F&B :)

• Visited August 2013
LEEDS
“NICE TO GET OUT OF THE CENTRE”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

After a hectic few hours shopping at the Trafford Centre we were looking for somewhere to eat and although there were plenty of places to choose from it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle and go outside the centre to F&B's. It was clean and the service was prompt. It was busy but we got a table and did not have to wait long for our food. Definitely one of the best Frankie and Benny's that i've been to.

• Visited June 2013
Kendal
“Disappointed with Everything”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We a frequent visitor to the Frankie and Benny restaurants, but this visit made us question this. Service was slow, cutlery and glasses were not clean, one of the items ordered was not correct and one item did not arrive (although these were my daughters chocolate buttons). We were also disappointed with the pizza we ordered, in the past they have been really nice but this one had no flavour, almost like the herbs were missing and the pizza base wasn't cooked properly.

We may give our local Frankies another chance because we do love the pasta dishes.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A bit of a disappointment..”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently visited Frankie and Benny's, as an alternative to TGI Fridays, which was looking busy. I was surprised when we arrived, at about half 7, to find the restaurant almost empty. We were sat down and on 3 occasions asked whether we had ordered drinks. We decided to order a garlic bread to start, and the lasagne and steak wrap as mains. The garlic bread was rather nice, if maybe a little greasy. The mains however, were way below the standard I was expecting. The lasagne was stodgy, and had clearly simply been heated up. The lasagne doesn't come with a side salad, it might be worth ordering something with it. I counted 4 strips of steak in the 'steak wrap', the rest of which was made up of greasy onions and peppers, encased in a slightly burnt tortilla wrap. The fries were dry and bland, and I was slightly reluctant to use the old, dirty sauces presented brought to us at the table. The evening was topped off with the celebration of one of our fellow diners' birthdays. Whilst I don't mind the song 'Happy Birthday' being played in the restaurant, and everybody singing along, I'm not sure it needs to be played quite as loud as it was done - we would have got the idea without the deafening music.

All told, I'm afraid it was a pretty disappointing meal, and I'm sorry to say I probably won't be returning to a Frankie and Benny's again.

• Visited June 2013