“Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Trafford
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have recently stayed in Travelodge Trafford Park Hotel, Manchester. The staff was excellent, genuine, smiley, friendly and helpful from the point of my arrival at reception to checking out. It was spotlessly clean throughout the hotel and my room was very comfy. I will use Travelodge Hotel without any question next time. It was way cheaper and worth for my money spend in comparison with Premier Inn Hotels in the past. Great location, Trafford centre was at 10 minutes walk. So absolute winning. I am strongly recommending this hotel.

Willi

Best Regards,
William Bradford

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William B

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Before I start my review, having read a few others, I completely get that the Travelodge is cheap, and if you just want cheap then that's great but if you want cheap and comfortable I would highly recommend the premier inn's on Trafford park as they are far better than this for not a lot more money!

I arrived at 9am, I knew my room wouldn't be ready but I needed to drop off my bags so I could go to work for the day. There was no one at the desk so I pressed the bell waited around 2 minutes, the bell stopped ringing so I pressed it again and after about a minute a lady came out, she was quite scruffy and looked at me as if I was interrupting her so at first I assumed she was a member of the house keeping team.

I asked if I could drop off my bag and she said it would be fine, took my name and then the hotel phone started ringing, I was told to hold on, she answered the phone and spent the next 5 minutes dealing with the customer on the phone which I felt was really quite rude, especially seen as I still had my taxi waiting outside to take me to work!

She finally took my bag and I must say I felt a little uneasy as I had been given no room number or details and no receipt to say my bag was being stores, in fact she just wrote my name on a scrap of paper and balanced it on top of my case!

When I returned to the hotel there was a different receptionist, on arrival she was standing out the front of the hotel having a cigarette but did come straight in as she saw me. It took a while for my payment details to be found due to it being booked by my company so whilst I was waiting I got a chocolate bar from the machine in the lobby, it didn't work and after several attempts I asked the receptionist if the machine was working to which she replied "I think so, it should be" and offered no further assistance at all.

That might not seem like a big deal but considering the hotel is quite far from the Trafford centre and has no restaurant on site it would have been nice to have at least been able to get a bar of chocolate!

The website says it is "close to the Trafford Centre" and if you are driving it absolutely is, no more than a 5 minute drive, however if you need to walk over it takes about 30 minutes, along roads that aren't very well lit, at night or early hours of the morning it really wasn't a very pleasant walk, especially for a young girl on her own!

It also about a 5/10 minute walk to the nearest restaurant which is located in The Chill Zone. There is a Weatherspoons, a Nando's and a Costa Coffee. None of which open before 9am so if you need breakfast before work the only options are the McDonalds in the trafford centre or the restaurants at the multiple Premier Inns in the area, all of which are in a better location that this Travelodge.

The hotel is newly refurbished so it was very clean but that's where the good points end for me, the room was VERY BASIC! I expected a similar standard to a Premier Inn...I couldn't have been more wrong! The bed was small, the desk chair was really hard and uncomfortable, there is no sofa or other place to sit and no plug sockets near the bed so phones and laptops need to be charged at the desk, I use my phone as my alarm clock so this was a pain!

The room had no hair-dryer, no iron and there was a hole in the duvet. The bath is minuscule! I am 5ft 2 and I couldn't put my legs even nearly straight in front of me. The bath had a plug that was unattached to the chain however the chain hadn't been removed which in a newly refurbished room is poor.

On top of all this it was quite cold when I visited and I had come down with a cold and was feeling a little poorly. I put the radiator on in the room on my arrival and left it on so the room would be warm when I returned the following day. When I got back to the room not only had the cleaner turned off the radiator they had also opened the window as far as it would go meaning the rain was coming in and left a damp patch on the floor near the window. At the time I didn't report this to the hotel as I was feeling to unwell to have to confront anyone and just wanted to wrap myself back up in bed but in hindsight I should have brought this to their attention, I understand for eco friendly reasons maybe turning the radiator off was OK but to open the window especially when it was raining hard was a complete joke. It also meant I was so worried about it happening again I ended up leaving a do not disturb sign up for the rest of the week.

Overall I would strongly advise anyone staying in the area to go with a premier inn, I have stayed at all of them on Trafford Park and all of them are streets ahead of this Travelodge.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amber B
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback Amber B. Our check in time is 3pm in all of our hotels however our customers can purchase an early check in service which allows you to check in from 12 noon, this costs £10.00. Unfortunately we do not offer a left luggage service in our hotels as part of our brand standard however we understand our staff looked after your luggage on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill. We are sorry to learn you found our staff to be unprofessional. We do expect all staff to provide high levels of service at all times and we will ensure that the hotel are made aware of the feedback that you have left so that staff can be reminded of the importance of providing a quality service to all guests. We do not provide hair dryers and irons in the rooms however they can be borrowed from reception anytime, available on a first come first serve basis.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at Trafford park Travelodge from 7th to 11th of October with my wife and 2 Grandvhildren .We used this as a base as it was cheaper than staing in Blackpool 50 miles away. Room and bed were excellent Travelodge was very quiet Breakfast buns and continental Breakfasts are available but the Trafford centre is only about half a mile away where a great choice of food is available. I use this place when I go to see Manchester United as it is only a couple of miles away but beware as the prices increase significantly when they know when Home games are

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight lots of times as it's a great base for the Trafford centre. Rooms basic but clean and great for the price. As well as the Trafford Centre there's Trafford retail park not far from the hotel and it has TK Maxx in it, which is my favourite store for bargains, also a McDonalds for breakfast. There is also Weatherspoons near the hotel or do as we do and go straight to the centre and have a great choice of food in the food court.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank catherine f
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for the ODI cricket
Nice hotel I did not realise Travelodge had improved this much
Comfortable bed and quiet with a river view
Nice staff as well

We ate at the snow dome at Nandos which was nice and
breakfast at Weatherspoons which opened at .9.00 on a sunday so had a coffee at Costa while we waited for it to open

Room Tip: First floor rooms are best for a river view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fatboy2Norwich
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love Travelodge as you know exactly what you get each and every stay! It's clean, affordable and with a fast and simple hassle free check in. The rooms are great for a base (and usually in great locations).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seenitSingapore
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable, easy parking, welcoming staff, value for money.
Good nights sleep had which was much needed.
Close to a good Costa for breakfast and new Wetherspoons for food and drink, both within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family