“A Change to be a Lost Boy (or Girl)”

Airkix Indoor Skydiving Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We're right next to the Chill Factore indoor ski slope, opposite the Trafford Centre, and less than 4 miles from the city centre. You really can fly, in a safe, fun way. Come along and find out for yourself.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Nottingham, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A Change to be a Lost Boy (or Girl)”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our "flight" was booked for 4.30 pm, and we needed to be there by 3.30 pm. We were still on the A50 travellilng from Nottingham at 2.30 pm, having been at a standstill for a while. The rain was pouring, and we were panicking that we would miss out. We telephoned and spoke to a friendly helpful chap, who moved our booking to 5.30 pm. On our arrival we were warmly greeted by the reception staff. We were able to watch other participants, and amazing performances by those considerably more experienced. I was more nervous than my son, but our instructor Simon put us at ease with clear friendly instructions. We paid a little extra to go high flying with Simon, and it was well worth it. A brilliant experience for all ages. We would love to do it again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Fun”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went on Friday afternoon not knowing what to expect - I thought it was great - thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought 2 1 minute experiences wouldn't be very good but it was a buzz - will be going back. I think they could do more for people viewing it but other than that thought it was spot on.

Uk
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“You'll Believe You Can Fly”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great experience. I booked this on line and that was all very easy on their web site. I got to the Airkix facility by Taxi from the City Centre(about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic). It is very close to the Trafford Shopping Centre. Once there, I was asked to fill in an fitness declaration, and then sent upstairs to get ready. Once upstairs, there is a viewing area, and you can watch the people in the wind tunnel through large glass panels. You are met by one of the instructors at your allotted time, and go through as a group. There were four people in my group in total. We watched a DVD that was both an instructional and safety video, and then we went through to put on our suits, goggles and helmet – oh yes, and our ear plugs as the wind is quite noisy at 100 mph!!
Our instructor ran thought it all with us, what to expect, and sorted out our kit and any questions. We then waited out turn, and went in to a seating area just outside the main wind tunnel. It is all glass panels, and so you can watch (and learn from!) each other. There is a facility to have video taken, and photos, and then you will have this to look back on an have a laugh over. If you want to the instructors will take you for a flight up to the top of the tunnel, and to do this they can crank the wind speed up to 150 mph – well worth it as it was an awesome experience. Well worth it and great fun. I would go again. This would make a great birthday present or gift for someone.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The whole experience was fun, exciting and very enjoyable. I would definitely return again as the staff were friendly and approachable and the skydiving was just so much fun.I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to returning again.

Halifax, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic and worth every penny”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wow! I was terrified and not sure I could be brave enough to do it, however it was fabulously exhilarating and I would recommend it to everyone . Go early so you can watch others first.