“Loved it!”

Airkix Indoor Skydiving Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We're right next to the Chill Factore indoor ski slope, opposite the Trafford Centre, and less than 4 miles from the city centre. You really can fly, in a safe, fun way. Come along and find out for yourself.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had this bought as a birthday present and it was fantastic.
My only grumble is that 2 mins does not feel long enough though I know this is akin to a real skydive time, and this is only a grumble as I loved it so much.
As long as you pay attention to the instructor you'll get in the air, after that its all down to your own skill and enjoyment!

Get there early as there are NO REFUNDS in any circumstances
Pay attention to the instructor
Have fun
Dead easy!!

Overall I'd recommend this to anyone and will be taking my 4 year old next time:-)

All reviews
in 70 reviews
in 42 reviews
in 48 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have recently accompanied a friend to the Airkix Indoor Skydiving centre in Trafford, Greater Manchester. It is located just across the road on a retail park from the Trafford Shopping centre to access is good.
You are advised to get there at least an hour before your jump to give you enough time to change and go through the safety briefing. Before our allotted time, there were some ‘professional’ skydivers who were going through some pretty impressive routines!
There were four sky divers in our group, and the instructor was very good at going through the procedure and technique with us. We each got a couple of turns of two minutes each after each other and it certainly was exhilarating! We were also told that the time we experienced would have been longer than a real sky dive.
All in all it was a great experience and given the chance I would probably go again!

3  Thank Sunmagic
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend bought me this as a Christmas Present and we absolutely loved it!!! It is very expensive for the time you get in there, but it is really enjoyable. Its a completely different experience and would love to do it again :)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Some very silly reviews on here, heres how it IS. When you book, you are asked how long in minutes you want to book for so ignore any silly reviews moaning about the flying time being short (a real free fall parachute jump is only 2 minutes) your whole experience is an hour. it is amazing fun, the instructors are all fun and friendly, we have done this many times at the Trafford Airkix! The whole experience is amazing and what you make it. In my opinion, the only people who moan about it either cant do it or just like to find fault and that really isnt an accurate review.

2  Thank cd805
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I bought this for my boyfriend for his bday and whilst he did enjoy the experience, we were both very surprised by how little time you actually get in the wind tunnel. In total all you get is 2 minutes, yep, I paid £43.99 for a whopping 120 seconds of flight time. To add insult to injury, if you are a particularly daring soul and want an extra thrill, as PART OF your existing time in there the instructor will hold onto you and shoot you up to the top of the tunnel and back down (twice)....quite similar to the bog dipper rollercoaster really. BUT - only if you pay an extra fiver! So, although you get no extra time because the instructor does a 20second trick they can milk more money out of you. Shameless profiteering really and it was quite annoying the way you hung around for almost 2 hours - for just 2 minutes.

4  Thank SuM418