“It was okay”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Telford, United Kingdom
“It was okay”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was the only restaurant we could get into without having a long wait so we through we would give it a go.

My boyfriend had the special which was a steak baguette with chips and salad, which my god, was lovely! I went for the gammon, which was ok. A little two salty and i really couldn't believe it was 8oz as was only a big bigger than a piece of bacon!

It was a bit hit and miss with the staff. Some were lovely and couldn't do enough for you, others were a bit rude and ignorant. Every time we wanted to order food or drinks, we had to call someone over. And waited 20 minutes for a drink as our order wasn't passed on.

Although, the prices were good.

• Visited February 2013

London
“Paid for meal with tesco clubcard points. Would have refused to pay otherwise”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ate at Potters using our Tesco clubcard vouchers....never again. Waited ages to be seated,despite being very quiet. It was clearly understaffed. Led to a filthy table and when I saw cleaning materials on a nearby table and cleaned it myself,the manager laughed instead of apologising. I ordered the Humdinger burger which was very disappointing and my partner chose the mixed grill which could be described as average at best. After mediocre service and disappointing food,we were then presented with a service charge,We paid as we did not wish to cause a scene but wish we had not done so now. Avoid at all costs. Poor service and poor food served at a costly price

1 Thank kerrie_adam
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Low expecations - great time”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We tried this restaurant as we wanted a quick and cheap bite to eat. I had my reservations but we were seated promptly and our server made us aware of a £9.95 deal which we went for. The food was good quality and value and the sever was attentive although she did have far too many tables to deal with which meant we couldn't find her to ask for the sauces that were missing. No huge deal but had we been paying full price I would've been a little annoyed. I will come back but only for the £9.95 deal on a quiet weekday as I can see this place not coping well with a busy rush.

Cheshire, England
“Not liked it used to be”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were visiting the Trafford Centre Manchester today to go to Paradise Golf Adventure Golf and afterwards we were deciding where to eat, my 5 year old wanted to go to Potters previously called Ma Potters so we made our way to the restaurant and had to wait outside as a queue was forming which was a good sign as we hadn't been in a while as we always used to go when it was just my husband and I and we have been before when our little boy was younger. When it was finally our turn to be seated, a lovely lady seated us and told us what the specials were, and what wasn't available which was most things on the menu and we only went at 1:30pm. She took our drinks order and we proceeded to wait 20 mins before any drinks arrived and when they did, they weren't what we ordered but I didn't realise that until I started drinking mine (they were someone else's) so the waiter went away to get us new drinks and proceeded to take the drinks that weren't ours to someone else's table even though I had started drinking one of the drinks. We then proceeded to wait a further 10 mins for our food to come and when it came they got the wrong order for me so while my son and husband was eating I was sat there waiting for my meal to come. The food was not bad, quite nice actually but the staff were not friendly, hardly spoke just put the food on our table and walked away. After our meal we asked for the bill and the waiter brought our bill having put on a service charge, so when my husband went to pay we refused to pay it as we thought the service was not acceptable, he didn't even acknowledge us and apologise for the poor service we received there wasn't even any eye contact. The service at this restaurant has seriously gone down. It was lovely when it was Ma Potters but since just being Potters not the same. Has the staff changed, has the management changed? Not bad food but if you are on a time schedule don't go as you will be waiting for ever to be served. Very disappointing. Not going to be visiting again unless the service drastically improves!!!

• Visited February 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Heated up frozen food, tasteless, canteen-style tables and overall soulless. The waiter was quite friendly although only really came over to clear plates, the bill for 2 adults and 2 children was £69! And beware, they add 10% onto the bill for a service charge. I had it removed and gave the waiter a few ££ for his average service, we would never eat here again. Even the kids didn't enjoy the food. Rubbish! Wish we'd gone to Est Est Est opposite...