“Terrible food”

Potters Bar and Kitchen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Five of us had the Sunday roast dinner and it was awful. It came in a soup plate and I think they do that so you cannot see the state of the roast beef properly. There was a meagre portion of beef and 75% of it was fat and gristle it was luke warm and none came to ask if it was ok. There are plenty of other places to eat in the Trafford Centre so don't waste your money in Potters.

1  Thank les16

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I used an offer so can't comment on full priced meals but Potters did the job just fine. I went for £9.95 for starter + main course and my partner the same price for main course + dessert.

The starter was a bit uninspiring - the jacket potato was somewhat burnt and the cheese topping was far from generous. Probably to ensure I went home that night in my own car and not in an ambulance with high blood pressure ;-)

The main course was bangers and mash. Hard to screw up admittedly but equally hard to get right IMHO. Potters came to life here and made up for the poor but edible starter. My partners dessert was richer than a Swiss banker and she almost made me finish it for her!

Maybe I just got a bad starter, or maybe I was expecting too much. Incidentally the service was quick and friendly despite it being busy and Easter Monday. I can't fault the staff at Potters (other restaurants please take note!)

I will use Potters again, but choose another starter next time!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Took 30 minutes for two salads... and one was wrong. The waitress didnt even write down the order so I wasnt surprised when the wrong thing arrived. Also hate the fact that the service charge is included in bill. Utter waste of money.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Good:

1. The ambience was good with light music in the background
2. The staff were very friendly and greeted us with a smile
3. Regularly checked on us whether we were satisfied
4. The food was great. The steak was tastefully made. The portions were big
5. The trafford centre has plenty of free parking spaces

Bad:
Absolutley nothing

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Well first time visit to this restaurant. And last time visit to this restaurant.
Went for dinner with my little boy.
I chose the burger at £9 plus £1 for a slice of cheese on top.
My son had the pasta and tomato sauce at £6

Waiters are friendly which was nice.

Meal came in reasonable time, mind you, not many people in the place.

The pasta was ok probably priced about right because you get a drink with it.

The burger was absolutely embarrassing. Burnt processed rubbish. The chips on the side were cold , and also cooked from froze. Not fresh. The waiter never asked if the meal was ok. I suspect he knew what the answer was going to be, considering I left over 50% of my meal.

I asked for the bill, It came to £21. They include a 10% tip on the bill. Cheeky I think! I should make that choice!

Not the best experience, Felt completely ripped off and hungry still.
I ended up grabbing some decent food from the Marks & Spencer’s in the Trafford Centre and cooked at home. Say's it all really hey?

Summery: