“Disgusting”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Trafford
Dublin, Ireland
“Disgusting”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here as it is close to Old Trafford - that is as far as the good points for this hotel go.
The interior is ancient, the decor is very old and almost has the look of a derelict building from the outside.
The rooms are horrendous - I stayed in a single room, no heat in the room, the shower worked but with only cold water.
I thankfully did not have the breakfast the next morning but my friend did and he remarked that it seemed like it was reheated leftovers from the previous morning.
Do not stay here - reception staff are very unfriendly and the rooms are awful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TraffordHallHotel, General Manager at Trafford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, We are currently in the process of redecoration throughout the hotel, as you may have been aware we have notices up throughout the hotel regarding this.
We find it very unfair to say the rooms are horrendous, although we do appreciate you are entitled to your view, we would like to add though that we are NOT a five star luxury hotel, however our customer service is five star standard, we are a reasonably priced, basic and comfortable clean hotel, We are aware the hotel is in need of redecorating and as previously mentioned we are in the process of doing this.
With regard to your comments relating to staff, I completely disagree. All staff at the Trafford Hall Hotel, pride themselves in their customer service skills and this is reflected in previous reviews, as is the excellent breakfast which is cooked to order. We are disappointed that you feel your experience with us was not a positive one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Thai first
Heckmondwike
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as we were attending the Final at Old Trafford and after reading the reviews was unsure what to expect. We stayed in Room 18 which had just been newly painted , the room was very big and spacious with a nice comfortable bed, nice bed linen and pillows. The bathroom was very clean with a nice hot shower. The staff on Reception were very welcoming when we checked in at about 10.30pm. We had a space in the car park when we arrived for the game at 1pm and have got to say we enjoyed a pleasent few hours in the bar both before and after the game. Will stay here again when attending games at Old Trafford .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The location is not extremely bad, four tram stops to the downtow, however it is not in the city centre. I decided to give it a go after I had a look at the hotel pictures and i read some reviews.

The "Trafford Hall Hotel" disappointed me, the only advantage could be the cost (they charged me 30 quid per night, without breakfast).

The building needs a heavy refurbishment. The main stairs, leading to the rooms, were covered by a carpet patched with a thick black sticky tape, to not let the carpt falling to pieces !
The room was not clean. The shelves were covered by crambles and the room leaflets (to remind the customers about checkout, etc.) was covered in yellowish stains ! The provided mug and spoon (along with a kettle and some tea bags), were covered with brown scale. The toilet was the worst bit, stains on the wall, light not working, the hot water tap of the basin was not working.
An electrical shortcut left several rooms without electricity for the whole night (thus without heating).....the receptionist did not apologise after waking people up at quarter to 8 am to ask them about the shortcut.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stefano N
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was in town with my partner to catch the United vs Arsenal game on the 10th of Nov, and we were quite pleased with the location of the hotel (within 12 mins) to Old Trafford Stadium.

The room we were in was rather spacious, but kinda old and dingy.

Was quite disappointed that there was no WiFi in our rooms.

No lifts in the hotel (seems like a standard for most of the "affordable" UK hotels)

Overall, a decent place to stay if you are in town to catch a Manchester United home game

• Stayed November 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have to say that when I looked at the Pictures online and looked at the Price I thought ok let’s give this a try.
The transport links are excellent. Many busses passing in both directions all day and the Metrolink is around the corner about a 1 minute walk.
I arrived early at the hotel 12.35 and went to the reception. The lady who served me was quite nice, although she didn’t go too overboard with building rapport or saying much of anything except “you can’t check in until 2pm” The hotel didn’t look very busy so I did wonder if it would have hurt her to check if 1 single room was actually free or to even offer to check my bags in.

Anyway she gave me directions to a pub around the corner and I waited there.
When I arrived back I was checked in very professionally by a gentleman, who gave me a run down of the rules etc.
I was in room 22. This room smells. It has a window that has no view except other bedrooms. The heating doesn’t work and the kettle smells of burning when you switch it on.
You can hear every noise of anyone entering or leaving the hotel.
Oh and the shower is a trickle and the toilet bowl was cracked.

There was a pungent smell of something in the room, but i couldn’t work out where it was coming from.
I decided that the bedding was clean and because of the price and the transport links i would stick it out for 1 night.
This hotel could be amazing. It is the old Public hall building for Trafford and as such should be a good quality hotel with some history. But it just looks sad and run down.
If someone has the injection of cash into this place it could be a marvellous conference centre as well. Instead it looks grubby.
I won’t stay here again, but this is not because of the staff. It is because someone somewhere could not be bothered to make an effort and in todays marketplace of choice and exceptional prices they are never going to make this hotel pay if it stays this way.
I didn’t sample breakfast as the smell in the room somehow made my hunger pangs disappear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

There was several girls who went to The Trafford Hall Hotel. On arrival we were told where our rooms were.but no one showed us to our rooms. I had a single room. Very small and a little bit eerie. No wardrobe. Just a rail which when i put my clothes on it. It hung over the television. Just a portable heater in the room. The walls were so thin. I could hear the couple in next room talking till 2.30am. My friends rooms were a little bit better. But overall none of us were impressed. So we wont stay there again

• Stayed November 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As we arrived, we drove off to the Trafford centre to shop to put off going in, strange run down car park with over grown weeds and no other cars in the car park... When we returned, still no cars. We went in to the bar and followed the signs to our room number 11 as advised by the receptionist. Carpet on the stairs was basically taped together with tape and looked dirty, the room looked Victorian very run down, beds had no bed boards and strange variety of furniture, however we decided it put up with it and leave early. I had a shower but was not keen on using the toilet or walking across the floors without shoes! The nights sleep was not comfortable, no mattress protectors and the pillows were like paper. We got up the morning and went.

This is certainly the strangest hotel I've been to. However the staff were very friendly, it is in desperate need for an update. It was no dirty, just very run down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trafford
Hotel Football Old Trafford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Victoria Warehouse Hotel
Victoria Warehouse Hotel
#3 of 3 in Stretford
Chesters Hotel and Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Trafford Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!