We arrived Sunday 15th April around 12.30 - we were told could not check in until 2pm as rooms not ready we had 2 rooms booked - as we sat in the bar we saw multiple people checking in - we asked twice and were again told we couldn't check in as rooms not ready. We understood it was busy as was a match day. At 2pm a queue formed and we were 3 from the front - only 2 girls were on reception -this when at 12.30 there were 3 and they had no-one booking in - no logic there!! We got one room allocated by the pleasant receptionist - she told her colleague not to take rm 406 as she was allocating this as our 2nd rm - when the tried to access this rm the colleague had taken it! it was now 2.20 - she then allocated rm 407 but had to wait for this to be cleared by the cleaning team - when this was cleared her colleague had taken this and allocated elsewhere as well - by this time it was 2.40 pm -why say check in is 2pm if there are no rooms ready? Needless to say by 2.45 I was getting extremely exasperated - we let the other party shower in our room- I then stood outside rm 412 and got housekeeping to collect the said key for the room from reception - it was 3pm by then - the room was not as clean as I would have expected from Premier Inns and there was a very heavy smoke smell. I am a regular Premier Inn customer and have never experienced anything like this. At night we returned to the hotel about 8.30 - there was a large birthday party going on for a 1 yr old (yes!) the toilets on the ground floor were appalling - there was not a sink that was not blocked up - this was very poor. The noise -beat-- from the disco could be heard in room 412 until the party finished very late -. Our room - 405 had high noise levels from the a/c - rooms need a lick of paint . The location is ideal for Old Trafford but there should be many more staff on in housekeeping & in reception - if necessary check out times on match days should be earlier & check in easier. 2 staff were nowhere near enough - there was still a huge queue at 3pm and kick off was at 4 - I am very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get closer to the drama at our very own 'Theatre of Dreams' - Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford. Literally just over the road from the world-famous stadium, and with great views of it to. You're also in the perfect spot for shopping, shows, cricket or just chilling out. Indulge in some retail therapy at the Trafford Centre or Salford Quays. Catch the action at Lancashire Cricket Club, or visit the Imperial War Museum North. Stay with us and support your team at Old Trafford Stadium. Win, lose or draw, you can rely on extra-comfy beds, spacious rooms and a great night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel Trafford
- Manchester Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel Greater Manchester