“Great traditional pizzas”

Trattoria Dalla Nonna
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Balestrate
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great traditional pizzas”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ate here in the evening to sample the pizzas and we were not disappointed. The value for money is fantastic- pizzas from €5.50-€7.50 and we couldn't finish ours so asked for a box -a portare- . Drinks also very reasonable. The rest of the varied menu looked great- a bit more expensive than the pizzas but still ok. The service was friendly and it appeared many local families ate here- we went on a Sunday evening and there was a good atmosphere. Recommended.

• Visited March 2013

Malta
“Nice restaurant worth a visit”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A very good restaurant in Balestrate. Reasonable prices for both food and especially drinks. Tasted the ravioli with salmon which were great. It seems that locals tend to visit this restaurant quite often.

Visited February 2013
Draper, Utah
“Some of the best food in Sicily!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stopped at Trattoria dalla Nonna for lunch. Nonna waited on us and we had a great time trying to chat with her. She was very friendly and taught us a few Italian words too. We both had pasta dishes as they don't make pizza until dinner time, I had Busiata dalla Nonna it was amazing! My husband had the Spaghetti allo scoglio and it was also very delicious! Pasta, sauces and seafood in the dishes were all done perfectly. Some of the best seafood and pasta we've ever had. Highly recommend!! We can't wait to go back for the pizza tonight and probably pasta again tomorrow!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank KevinCathy
Ireland
“Awful food and very poor service.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My granddaughter and I came here on our 3rd night in Balestrate. She chose a pizza Hawaiana and I asked for pizza Grigliata. We waited a numbing 60 minutes to be served. When the food finally arrived I was dozing, but hunger awakened me. I should have slept on. This pizza was the driest dullest thing I have ever tried to eat. Three thin dry slices of aubergine, a scatter of tinned sweet corn, and three strands of grilled pepper sparsely decorated the dry circle of bread.
My granddaughter's Hawaian was slightly better. When I went to pay the bill, I made a complaint about the slow service and the dryness of the Grigliata. This was greeted with shrieks of protest in ever increasing volume until the entire clientele put down their cutlery and turned to watch the fun. The proprietress generously took 50 cents off the bill. I did not leave a tip and I shall certainly never visit this place again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank grannyF
London
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have just come back for a 2 week holiday in Balestrate. Sadly we only found this restaurant at the end of our holiday, but we were there on our last 2 nights and it was excellent! The food was amazing, the portions and value even better. The pizza was the best we have ever had, my partner who has been to a number of different Italian cities quite a few times, ordered pizza both nights. I had pasta with seafood and a cream and pistacchio sauce on our first night and it was excellent but very feeling, and the portion huge. On our second night I had cous cous with fish, a local speciality and it was amazing, I cannot put into words how good it was.

On our first night for a pizza, huge pizza, sea food pasta, a bottle of water, a bottle of wine and 2 limoncellos we paif 34 Euro, on our secont night, for a pizza, cous cous with fish, a bottle of water, a bottle of wine and a coffe we paid 30 euro. Excellent value!

I cannot rfecommend it enough. the address is Via Madonna del Ponte, 84 90041 Balestrate

• Visited July 2012