“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had lunch with a friend at this hotel. Food wasn't anything special, I had baked potato with chilli and side salad. Potato was fine, but the chilli was very watery. I had requested a little grated cheese over the chilli and that was certainly what I got! Then when I paid the bill, I was shocked to find I had been charged an extra £1.50 for the little bit of cheese. Will definitely not eat here again. Staff were friendly and the kitchen which I could see from our table appeared very clean.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nice bar lunch - good service and fair choice. Building itself is a bit tired but staff very pleasant and helpful

Reviewed November 4, 2012

An Ok meal in an OK pub. Probably better than the other hotel in the square but that's about it.

apparently there is a minimum character number for reviews - no more to say about the pubs so will just waffle on!!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Went there even after reading nor so good reviews - big mistake. At first made to feel like a nuisance as we wanted the table setting , then meal arrived , I had pie thar was far too salty , potatoes that quite simply where not cooked where really hard , and my wife's roast beef was swimming in far too much gravy. Do not go there !!!

3  Thank Marchingontogethet
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Nice pub at the Gordon Arms. The staff is friendly and helpful. Specials are posted each night along with a menu with a good selection. Although reservations are not required, during busy times you may have difficulty getting a table without one.