Dunedin Guest House
$177
$163
Macdonald Pittodrie House(Chapel of Garioch)
$132
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
Craigellachie Hotel(Craigellachie)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb broof terracestayed here for one nightevery morningpoached eggsfirst classkeithfacilitiestvhostsbreakfastshower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I reminded Keith on arrival that we'd been here before one summer's evening and enjoyed a glass of red on his roof! Too cold and snowy for the roof this time but I was invited into the living room to share more than one glass of a bottle of red called "Hidden Roads". Keith and Christine are very friendly folk and will do anything they can to make their guests feel welcome and at home. This time I was shown to a wee room downstairs as stairs are becoming a problem for my arthritic back and knees - perfect with my own walk in shower. Due to regulations the toilet had to be just outside the door which meant I could be seen by breakfast guests if I wasn't careful - Christine loaned me a dressing gown! The icing on the proverbial cake though was Keith trying to find out for me if the road to Dufftown, where I had to travel the next morning, was passable due to overnight snow. Not satisfied with the answers he got on the phone he invited me to go for a drive to test the lay of the land. I enjoyed a scenic drive as passenger for a change, over the hill to Dufftown and back before having to drive there for work that afternoon. The top of the hill was high and the snow did appear banked on the roadside but not as snowdrifts on the road which Keith wanted to check for me. That is going the extra mile! Thank you Keith and Christine for your generosity, openess and friendly welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A comfortable bed and breakfast with super friendly owners, who really do their best to look after you and make your stay a pleasure.
An added bonus was the gluten free breakfast! I usually take a loaf of gluten free bread with me when I stay away from home, so it was a delight to have a full cooked totally gluten free breakfast. Keith (one of the owners) is also gluten free and provides the works!
The location is good and is walking distance to everything Huntly has to offer, plus there is plenty of off-street parking round the back and a balcony for warmer weather.
This wasn't the first time I have stayed here and I'll definitely go back again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Dunedin over Christmas & New Year 2012.

I was pleasently surprised to find the shower in our room - room 2 - was adapted to help people with disabilities, it was a large shower base which meant plenty of room to move about, it also had a seat and an adjustable soap caddy which made showering a lot easier for me.

It's unusual to find any facilities in a guest house for people with disabilities, Keith told me he has also adapted other rooms as well.

As with the other comments the overall facilities are of a high standard as is the welcome from the hosts, Keith and Christine

Room Tip: If you have any kind of disability if you discuss your needs with Keith he is only too happy to help where possible
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed October 28, 2012

stayed one night 12 october - meeting up with a school friend over from austrailia.b & b was excellent value .keith and christine were very pleasant . met one of lives characters at breakfast - only adds to a giggle later on . will definately go back again - and i promise not to take the room key away with me next time ..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed one night, was struggling to find a b&b in Huntly then came across The Dunedin. Keith and Christine made us very welcome. Ok it's not the fanciest B&B in the world, but the house and rooms were clean and very comfortable. We were invited to use the dining room to eat a takeaway meal, and were given plates and cutlery. The price charged makes it probably one of the best value houses in Scotland. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple