Recently attended a wedding at this venue and stayed over night. The day couldn't have gone better! The staff were very attentive, as soon as we arrived Lewis (the toastmaster) gave us all we needed to know and set our bride at ease. He also kindly sorted my reading and speech, getting them ready for the times in the day that I would need them. The rooms were just stunning and views across the back 'lawn' (that really doesn't do it justice) was breathtaking. The food is to die for! The beef was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth, and the breakfast buffet the following day was of equal high quality. We had the Alderbury Suite with four poster bed - soooo comfy, slept like a baby. Every detail has been considered and everything is done to the highest standard, can't rate this venue enough! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowton Castle is a beautiful 17th century, grade 2 listed building, set in 17 acres of tranquil grounds, six miles west from the historic town of Shrewsbury. We are the perfect venue for a prestigious function, or a few days away from it all. We are the fairytale venue for a Wedding. A perfect setting, coupled with excellent food and service, guarantee you and your guests a most memorable occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rowton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowton Castle Hotel Halfway House
- Rowton Castle Halfway House, England - Shropshire