Rowton Castle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$121
Lord Hill Hotel(Shrewsbury)
$78
$109
$99
All reviewswedding breakfastwedding venuemaster of ceremoniesexclusive usepot roastbridal suiteperfect wedding daydance floorbride and groombeautiful venueamazing weddingdream weddingdaughters weddingguests commented on howeverything ran smoothlyfollowing morningsingle guest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We got married here on the 13th June 2013. From the time we booked the venue to the day we got married all the staff were very helpful. Each time we went to the castle prior to the wedding we were met by Bryan Who was very helpful and gave us all the information we needed to make our decisions. On the day of the wedding we had Keith as the duty manager, from the moment we arrived he made us feel welcome, he showed me and my dad the ceremony room, he talked us through the day and then showed us to the room. The room was beautiful and it had fresh fruit, water, orange juice and a bottle of prosecco waiting for the bridal party. The whole day was perfect and couldn't of asked for it to go any better. All of the staff were great. All of the guests commented on how beautiful the castle an the gardens were which was one of the reason we booked it in the first place as we wanted the perfect place for our perfect day and it was just that. Thank you to all the staff for all you did! Hopefully we will be able to stop for our 1st year anniversary!
Mr and Mrs Curtis

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I got married here 7th September 2012 and there is not a single thing I could say bad against the venue or its staff.
We had a list of around 5 venues we wanted to visit before making our decision on where we get married and rowton was the first and only place we visited.
My husband and I went on an open day and was shown around by Keith, he was fantastic and full of information. Keen for my parents opinion we took them back a week later. We were told by Rowton that they did not have any appointments available to give us the full tour but we were welcome to look around ourselves as all rooms were open. This didn't bother us as we had already been once and it gave my parents time to have a good look around. Needless to say they loved it, we instantly paid our deposit and secured our date.
In the run upto the wedding we met with Mr D 2 weeks prior and 2 months prior. There was nothing we asked that was too much. We wanted to change the dessert menu,which after getting options from the chef he was more than happy to do, at no extra cost. We had warm briwnie and ice cream, which was to die for.We had a number of Z beds added to the rooms 2 weeks prior to the big day, again at no extra cost. From arrival the morning of the wedding myself and bridal party were made to feel like the most important people.
Our wedding planned was Lewis and I can never thank him enough for his hard work on the day and making me feel so relaxed. I have OCD and have to be in full control but Lewis did an amazing job and I felt relaxed and at ease. I had a few guests slightly fussy about their meals, I told lewis this on the morning and he made sure the needs of our guests were met. I would give anything to have our day again and would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Breakfast the following morning a few of my guests wanted items that were not at breakfast,again the kitchen staff met their needs.The only negative point was the day went by so so fast we did not get to fully enjoy the bridal suit and grounds the day after. I can only thank from the bottom of my heart all the fantastic at Rowton for helping our day feel so perfect. DJ will us truly amazing and had the dance floor full all evening. Our flowers were from Lavinder Blue and exactly how I imagined them.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our reason for travelling to Shropshire from Suffolk was a reunion of former students when Rowton Castle was a College for the Blind. The staff was exceptional in its help with visually impaired, nothing was too much trouble, even the guide dogs were taken out. Although the menu for all meals was a set one, it was exceptional, even for vegetarians, the staff also assisting with cutting up food etc, and the complimentary wine was also good. When questioned as to whether the staff had had training for visually impaired the answer was that 'it was instinctive'. The only downside is that it is not easily accessible for disabled, being lots of stairs. Nevertheless a lovely setting in peaceful surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had our wedding last week on the 5th June 2013. I can't describe my feeling of happiness and contentment of having this perfect place for my wedding. To start with, nothing can beat its beautiful grounds and the staff's excellent job. It was Caroline Norton who spoke to us initially and showed us around before we booked the venue. She looks nice and very professional As soon as I saw the place and their offer for a "fixed price wedding offer" and didn't have any doubt. I booked it straight away. The price was really a good value for your money plus you get the top wedding venue in UK. You get the feeling of a princess who lives in a castle that's getting married to the prince of Scotland as my groom is half Scottish and he was very proud wearing his national costume, the kilt.
It was the lovely Keith that

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had our wedding last week on the 5th June 2013. Words are not enough to describe my feelings of happiness and contentment of having this perfect place for my wedding. To start with, nothing can beat its beautiful grounds, gorgeous rooms especially the bridal suite and the courteous staff's excellent job. It was Caroline Norton who spoke to us initially and showed us around before we booked the venue. She looks nice and very professional. As soon as I saw the place and their offer for a "fixed price wedding offer", I didn't have any doubt. I booked it straight away. The price was really good value for your money plus you get the top wedding venue in UK. You get the feeling of a princess who lives in a castle that's getting married to the prince of Scotland as my groom is half Scottish and he was very proud wearing his national costume, the kilt.

It was Keith, our lovely man who is the master of ceremony and he assisted us in everything on my big day. Debbie took over at night. They were all marvellous so as Caroline Lee, Geraldine Lane, Karen Cann, Gareth Winebloom and Lewis Williams! They are the A team for my wedding. Keith Blindell made me relax and reassured me all the times. We were looked after very well. I just relaxed and enjoyed my wedding.

Wendy Shaw decorated nicely our ceremony room with beautiful flowers finished with best in design balloons made by Nikki of Celebration Balloons. Nichola, our make up artist and Rachel, our hairstylist made us look all gorgeous on that day. About the food, it was so Delicious!!! We had a breast of chicken, pan-fried and served in a White Wine, Shallot and Tarragon Sauce finished with Cream and Black Pepper. That's one of their 10 options in the main course. Superb!

The evening reception was great too with brilliant music courtesy of our charming and very friendly DJ, Will Tudor. I spoke to him by e-mail days before my wedding about my plans for the evening programme, the first dance combined with the group dance presentation with my 6 bridesmaids, groomsmen and myself, the bride. It went so well. Thanks Will for facilitating that beautifully. He also played all the music we requested. It was fun! The guests were fed with another good quality food, the anti pasti platter. Guests were loving it.

Everything was captured by the excellent job of our official photographer, Stuart Hay and our videographer, Andrew of Cam 3. They were very fantastic!

I can't thank enough for the people to took part of our wedding making it so special especially the staff at Rowton Castle. Without them, it wouldn't be the same. It is indeed the best wedding venue.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family