We had our Wedding at Rowton Castle Hotel on New Years Eve 2012.
From the moment we made the appointment to view the venue, we fell in love with it. The Reception staff welcomed us and their hospitality was second to none. We then were shown around the stunning venue and grounds by the Wedding Co-ordinators. They took great time and detail to explain the day and really helped alleviate any concerns that we had. They said that we can contact them at any time with any questions at all, we did this on numerous occasions and there was always someone to talk to.
Due to us being at maximum capacity in terms of guests, we were concerned that there would not be enough staff to cope with this. We were very wrong. The staff throughout the entire Castle were attentive, prompt and could not do enough for anyone. We would like to specially thank our Day Manager and MC, Gareth who handed seamlessly over to Keith for the evening reception. They really helped us have a stressless day by managing everything effortlessly (always making sure we had a drink, canape and anything else we required).
The food was amazing. All of our guests commented on the food. It was promptly served and cooked to perfection. The hog roast of the evening was a must and a real crowd pleaser!
The accomodation was well maintained, clean and comfortable. All of our guests were pleased with their rooms. The breakfast that was served in the morning was plentiful and again well cooked.
All of our guests are still talking about our day and how Rowton Castle and their staff made it perfect. We would thoroughly recommend this venue to anyone that is looking to get married in warm and inviting surroundings with an amazing quality of service. Our fairytale Wedding.
Thank you Rowton Castle for giving us everlasting memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowton Castle is a beautiful 17th century, grade 2 listed building, set in 17 acres of tranquil grounds, six miles west from the historic town of Shrewsbury. We are the perfect venue for a prestigious function, or a few days away from it all. We are the fairytale venue for a Wedding. A perfect setting, coupled with excellent food and service, guarantee you and your guests a most memorable occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rowton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowton Castle Hotel Halfway House
- Rowton Castle Halfway House, England - Shropshire