“Would never go again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quo Vadis - CLOSED

Quo Vadis
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Quo Vadis has recently been relaunched...New chefs...New menus... A new look.Established in 1998, Quo Vadis is a family run restaurant. Sheelagh, Ghattas, Sophie & John all play their own part in running the business.Head chef Christopher Meadows & his team have come up with brand new breakfast, lunch, A la carte, classic, & little Quo menus. We have a fresh new look, happy friendly staff, and a great atmosphere. Come and try the 'new' Quo Vadis, we know you will be impressed.
“Would never go again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Worse restaurant I have been, tasteless food and bad service. Looks good from outside and decor not bad but didn't live up to its name

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Anonymousfoodlover

Formby, United Kingdom
“Quo Vadis Revisited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Quo Vadis has been a family favourite for many years where I have enjoyed evenings with friends, family and my husband. After my mum died we visited less often but when friends spoke about it recently we wanted to go back. The menu has changed but the lovely Gattas and John remain the same and welcomed us as though it had only been yesterday. We had a really lovely evening and will definitely be returning very soon.

• Visited March 2013
ELLESMERE PORT
“Did we go to the wrong restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went along on a Living Social deal.When we arrived it was nice to see customers siiting at tables outside enjoying a nice Saturday evening.We were shown to a table,and the waitress explained the menu options to us.We decided on a sharing platter to start with,and elected to have the fishboard platter which was absolutely superb,and the presentation was as good as anything we have had in any restaurant.For our main course,I decided on the lamb kebab,and my partner had the chicken breast with lovely bacon and cream sauce,both meals went down a treat. Unfortunately we had eaten so much we couldnt manage a desert(never happened before for my partner).We thoroughly enjoyed our evening,the restaurant was smart.the staff very friendly and they took care of our every need with a smile.Would definitely return,and found it hard to believe we went to the same restaurant as some of the other reviewers,I suppose at the end of the day its all about opinions.

• Visited April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Had lunch, never again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I met an old friend here back in November time, we thought we would try it as we had never been before.
I'm not sure if the menu was being re-done or if they do not offer a wide selection of lunch choices but my choices were very limited, being a veggie, I always expect to have less choice but this was ridiculous. I ended up with a cheese baguette, which I never usually have.
The price was fairly high for a lunch time meal.
The service was not excellent, the young waitress seemed more bothered about impressing the (what seemed to be regular) men at the table near to us and chatting to her mate behind the bar.
There were no smiles, atmosphere, please or thank you's.
I was not impressed with the food for the price, I could have got better from the local supermarket.
The interior is nice, the chairs comfy and a fairly relaxed atmosphere, which is what you want for lunch time.
I had thought about going back for an evening meal as they will more than likely have a much wider menu choice, however, after reading some of the reviews and seeing a comment back from the manager/owners child to one review, I find it VERY unprofessional to say such things to customers and particularly when many other potential customers can see what has been written, it is completely unnecessary.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank MrsKG81
andyellis
“Terrible meal - avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not being local to Formby I picked Quo Vadis on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews and the menu on the website. Unfortunately neither of them proved to be accurate.

The menu online is totally different to the unadventurous, unexciting mish-mash of dishes on the laminate (!) menu in the restaurant. The manager (after making a sarcastic remark about us being late) explained they had just changed it. Well how about updating the website then?

So, onto the food, picking from a truly terrible and random selection was tough but I went for the ribs and my wife the pate to start and then the seabass. No ribs left, so chose the burger with bbq sauce and chips.

My wife's pate was run of the mill supermarket fayre and was hilariously served with two packs of lurpack butter plonked on the plate next to some limp looking salad.

Her seabass was not bad but the accompanying potato and peppers were very oily. My burger was nothing special and served with the worst bbq sauce I've ever tasted. It was overly acidic, runny and totally unappetising. I think it must have been made in-house, but that's not a good thing on this occasion.

Speaking of the chefs, the next biggest complaint was that they left at 9.30pm and locked the kitchen up - at this point we were still eating our main courses. I can only think that this was because it was good friday, it wasn't very busy and the owner didn't want to pay double time. As the chefs walked past our table whistling and swinging their keys I did wonder what would happen about dessert. The answer was that we could have ice cream. And that was it. To be fair to the waitresses, they acknowledged this and had been put in an awkward position.

So we paid up and left, not before another sarky comment from the owner who really is the least funny man I've ever met.

So, to sum up, average food, no atmosphere, a bland menu and chefs who leave halfway through the evening. Avoid at all costs. I wish I had.

• Visited March 2013