“Perfect location and exceptionally welcoming hosts”

The Squirrels Bed And Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Formby
The Squirrels Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Formby B&B and Inns
Fernie, British Columbia
“Perfect location and exceptionally welcoming hosts”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was in Formby for work so can't comment on the sights etc of the area but the Squirrels was located centrally in a quiet residential street. The service from the owners was excellent and the warm and welcoming way that they enabled me to be in their home was greatly appreciated.

The room was tidy and the bed comfy. The decor was fairly standard B and B fair, nothing overly modern but not too floral or dated either. The only suggestion would be to paint over the slightly odd fire place and place some flowers there instead, but if that is the only thing that I can find that was wrong, it really was good.

If I was ever back in the area again I would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank rachelcline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
london
Reviewed November 3, 2010

What a heavenly B&B with such lovely owners. Everything was clean and fresh and I had a fantastic breakfast too. The owners even picked me up from the station as I arrived on the evening train and they even offered to make me some toast if i felt hungry. Would def stay there if I ever visit Formby again.. My only concern was that there was no lock on my door, not that I felt nervous, but its nice to have the option to lock the door if u want to when u go to sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank florentine65
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My family stayed at The Squirrels B&B for the weekend of a family event in Formby Sept. 2010, and it was just superb. The location suited us perfectly. The rooms were immaculately clean, and very cosy. The service was excellent, and we were delighted that the owners agreed to prepare extra (delicious) breakfasts in the morning so that my whole family could have breakfast together. That was a real bonus.
It was a wonderfully relaxed, friendly environment, a home away from home. Excellent value for money. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank carolambert
Frauenfeld, Switzerland
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We were staying in Formby just for one night. It was excellent that we the family got us a map and explained where to go for what kind of food. In the morning it was very comfortable, we could choose the time we had breakfast. Rose is an excellent cook!!! She answered all our questions, we just felt like a part of the family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank kathrin_waeffler
Oldham, England
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My fiancé and I stayed for 2 nights in June 2010 after reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were amazed just how good The Squirrels is. We came by train (5 minutes walk) and on arrival, we asked Rosalind to recommend somewhere for a pub lunch and she very kindly drove us there and gave us directions of how to get to Formby Village and the beach (all within 20 minutes walk).

The breakfasts are amazing with incredible fresh fruit salad and best ever fry up - just perfect for a long day at the beach.

Wonderful clean and spacious room with fantastic power shower and must mention the breakfast/ guests room overlooking the garden with TV, Nintendo Wii and computer available for the use of guests.

We were lucky enough to get glorious sunshine - thanks again to Rosalind and David for the moisturiser for my patch of sunburn - and there was nowhere else in the world that could have been better than this tranquil, beautiful spot.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oldham_girl76
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We and our 4 year daughter stayed in this B&B for 1 night in early April and had a wonderful time, Dave and his wife are very accommodating people, the fry up breakfast was very good just the right thing for a long day at the beach, it's located in a quiet area, comes with a big garden complete with slide and trampoline, the room was clean and spacious, the ensuite shower was small but brand new and clean with shed loads of towels and shower gels at our disposal, yes you have to share the toilet two steps down the hall but since there is only two rooms there isn't much sharing going on really. Should mention that The Squirrel just started and there is no signs on the street pointing it out. Will stay again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Lord_Nibbler1976
Birmingham
Reviewed January 26, 2010

A fantastic place to stay, close to the beautiful beach and pine forrests. A perfect location for a relaxing break! Had a great meal out in formby village, and and easy train ride into liverpool and southport. House is clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was great with a lot of choice. Owners really friendly and welcoming!! Would highly recommend to all!!!

• Stayed April 2010
2 Thank SWIFTY26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Formby
Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Royal Hotel
#40 of 97 in Liverpool
Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant

Been to The Squirrels Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!