My husband was playing in a Golf Competition at Formby and I went along for the leisure faciilities and the Gala Dinner. Not being a Golfer , I can't speak for the course, my husband enjoyed the day but found it quite difficult as it was a slow game. He was on the course from 8.45am to 7.30 pm with 30 minutes for lunch playing 36 holes. Then he had to get ready straightaway for the Gala dinner.The Gala dinner was excellant and they catered for my Wheat/ Gluten Free diet really well.
The swimming pool was great, even though the bubbles weren't working in the Jacuzzii, there were three jets in the pool you could stand under. The only problem I had was that reception told me there were pool towels down by th pool and all I needed was a coin for the locker. After leaving the pool I couldn't find any and had to try to dry myself as much as I could under the hand dryer in the ladies!!!
We didn't eat in the hotel the first night but got a taxi to a pub nearby [The Grapes] and the meal was really very good [Weatherspoons Style]Taxis are quite cheap..
All in all I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I got the chance as the room was excellant too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst 200 acres of parkland, at the heart of England’s Golf Coast, Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa offers the definitive 4* golf resort, luxury spa and hotel experience. We have 7 luxury treatment rooms, including 1 triple & 2 doubles, available for massages and treatments such as wraps and facials, manicures and pedicures by Leighton Denny all carried out by our highly trained therapists. The challenging 72-par Old Course boasts an excellent pedigree and is an established venue on the European Challenge Tour, while the 9-hole par three course has been described as the best in the UK. For corporate golf days, visitor golf open days, weekend golf breaks, golf society days, or even a golf lesson at the UK’s first PGA National Residential Golf Academy, Formby Hall is the ideal place to improve your game. So whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, welcome to pure golf heaven. We have a choice of four purpose built air-conditioned rooms to suit any size meeting or conference. All meeting & conference rooms at Formby Hall can be tailor made to suit your exact requirements by our experienced events team. We can also offer support for any secretarial, travel or equipment services you may require.Stunning location, friendly atmosphere - Formby Hall is the ultimate party venue, whatever the occasion. With a choice of chic function suites we can accommodate virtually any size of event. The dance floor and bar provide plenty of room for guests to mingle, while those wanting a quiet moment can step out onto the balcony and enjoy the panoramic views over the golf course and parkland. But it's about much more than just the setting, it's about the service too. Our dedicated event managers will help you plan your special day down to the last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formby Hall Golf Hotel Formby
- Formby Hall Golf Resort And Spa
- Formby Hall Hotel
- Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa Merseyside