“Wonderful from start to finish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa

Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Formby
Lancs
“Wonderful from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Have just had a fantastic overnight spa break with my best friend. Arrived yesterday (11th July) and had two treatments before a lovely lunch on the balcony at the spa bistro. We sat outside, whilst soaking up the sun. After lunch had the 1hr full body massage, immediately followed by the 1hr facial. I have to say that they were the best I have ever had! Just wish I knew her name to say thank you. The quality of the treatments and the spa rooms were outstanding. Loved the thermal room where you could relax on the heated beds after the treatments. Highly recommend the mud treatment room too.

Our bedroom (room 123) was exceptional, with the patio right outside, so spent a couple of hours in the sun early evening, meeting new friends. The view was really good, overlooking the 18th hole. Loved the ducks and ducklings who were so friendly to the point of having to pick a couple up who had managed to get into our room! So cute. The room was very clean and the the bathroom was huge. Having a fridge in the bedroom was a bonus too.

The meal in the restaurant and today's breakfast were very good. The waitresses were very friendly and provided a really good service.

The reception staff were also really friendly and knowledgable. Please pass on our thanks to everyone, who made our visit so enjoyable. Can't wait to come back :)

Room Tip: Room 123, as you had the sun from morning to late evening. Could sit on your patio watching the golf...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear AitchLancs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Spa break at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa on TripAdvisor. I have forwarded on a copy of your great review to each of the department heads so they can share it with their teams, I'm sure they will all be really please they helped to make your stay so memorable.

I think for the details within your review you took advantage of our 251 Rebalance Spa break, this package represents great value for money with 3 hours worth of treatments for each guest £240.00 per room per night Mon-Thu, £290.00 per room per night Fri-Sun. This package is growing in popularity with many guests returning on multiple occasions.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, we have some great offers planned for the summer months and the 241 rebalance is available until the end of Dec 2013.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Formby Hall Go,f Club is in a beautiful setting. Staff go the extra mile to ensure you are having. Lovely time. Whether you are staying because of a function which is being held there you are made very welcome by the reception staff, bar, restaurant or pros hop everyone wants you to enjoy your time there. We recently stayed as I had organised a summer ball in aid of woodlands hospice and I can say whole heartedly that it was the best ever and this was my 9th event there.

FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Helen H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your 9th event held at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa. I have forwarded on a copy of your lovely review to the Department Heads so they can share your kind comments with their teams. I'm so glad that you continue to choose the Resort as the Venue for your events, your loyal custom is very much appreciated.

We look forward to working with you again in the future planning another successful event for such a great cause.

Lytham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just returned from a group 3 day golf break at Formby Hall, hotel staff could not have been more helpful throughout the 3 days, I sprained my ankle on the second day - ice packs and bandage was arranged within 10 minutes of me hobbling into the 19 hole. Visit to spa and swimming pool/steam room helped me get back on the golf course next day. Good rooms with views of the golf course, excellent standard of evening meal and good choice of breakfast. Golf course has a lot of water along many holes so take a ball retriever to claim back wayward shots, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience as I play at a links course. Cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear notserph,

Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review, I'm so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay despite your injury and that our staff were quick to respond to your needs which enabled you to recover quickly and continue your golf the following day.

I have forwarded on a copy of your review to each of the department heads so they can share your great comments with their teams, I'm sure they will all be thrilled their efforts were appreciated.

The Championship course does have some very challenging areas with tricky water hazards however our Proshop staff are always on hand to offer advice prior to play. Also available from the Proshop is a score card which have a course map on the reverse displaying the water hazards, in addition we also have a pin placement leaflet which provides a guide to the pin location and also indicates the water hazards and green side bunker positions. There are also stoke savers available in the Proshop for £5 each which provide a detailed plan of each hole including yardages from the tee to the hazards and from land marks up to the green.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and I hope your ankle is starting to heal.

Southport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The golf course is full of the water so beware ... It's an interesting course and challenges all levels of golf. The reception was beautifully set out and the food was good considering they were catering for over 100. All the staff were helpful and pleased to help. Always enjoy visiting Formby Zhall

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ange137,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent golf day at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa, I'm glad that you always enjoy your visits to the Resort and find our facilities and staff to be of a high standard.

I'm curious as to why you only rated your experience as 3 stars when the review compliments the decor, staff, food and golf course? I'm guessing that you perhaps lost a high number of golf balls due to the water hazards on the course.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again very soon and of course if you have an feedback as to where you feel we can improve the Resort please don't hesitate to let me know.

Southport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a great night myself and friends had on this night. The meal was excellent, well presented and tasty. The tables were set out lovely and the room we were in was fab. The entertainment was good and there was a nice friendly atmosphere. I have been to Formby Hall many times for a meal but this is the frist time I have been to a tribute entertainment night. It was great value.

Room Tip: We did not stay the night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank June61Southport
FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear June,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Grease Tribute night and Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad that your party had such an enjoyable time at the Resort, your pictures look great!

Our Tribute nights are really growing in popularity, many guests are choosing these events to celebrate special occasions much like you did. They offer fantastic value for money especially with the special offer of 1 free place for every 10 guests.

I hope you were able to pick up a copy of our 'What's on guide' while you were here featuring events such as our 8 course ‘Celebration of the Sea’ Gourmet Night featuring a glass of wine to compliment each course 18th July, Kylie Tribute 19th July, Abba Tribute 30th Aug, Rod Stewart Tribute 27th Sep, Take That Tribute 25th Oct and George Michael Tribute 29th Nov.

We have also added 2 extra events for July which are a Michael Jackson Tribute night 26th July and a Comedy Night 27th July.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again very soon, if you need any further information please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spent the night as a we were at the resort already for a wedding reception. Fantastic staff and service with a very well presented room. Wasn't the cheapest of nights, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Karl R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm glad that the wedding you attended was a success and our staff offered fantastic service.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again in the future, we have some great special offers planned for the summer months.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Formby hall is beautiful and so is its settings. Me and my now husband stayed here on our first night away together alone. We had only been together 2 months and had gone to stay with my friends in Scotland then on the way back had booked to stay here. We had a dbb and spa offer that was very good value for money. Driving in the place seemed lovely. The room was decorated nicely. We went to use the pool straight away and that was lovely and relaxing and quiet. The bar and restaurant area was nice and the food was tasty. We had a lively time. The spa area was relaxing and the treatments were fab especially as me and my now husband were in the same room having treatments which made it all the more special

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jessicarabbit1978
FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Resort back in June 2012 and please accept my congratulations on your recent nuptials.

I'm so glad that you chose to stay at Formby Hall during the early years of your relationship and we were able to make this stay so memorable for you both. Where possible we do try to allocate the double treatment rooms we have within the spa to couples as it really does help to make the spa experience more enjoyable.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again soon, we have some great offers planned for the summer months.

Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Formby
Vincent
Premier Inn Liverpool North Hotel
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#41 of 99 in Liverpool

Been to Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!