Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
PremierInn.com
$62
PremierInn.com
$81
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$44
  • Beachfront
$46
  • Pool
2,067 results
All reviewsgolf breakneck and shoulder massageround of golfpatio doorsmy mumdance floorrelaxing breakcourse evening mealexecutive roomgolf resortcocktail barwedding venueleisure facilitiesan overnight staybirthday treatmid weekcouldn't fault
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a 1 night dinner bed and breakfast package with two spa treatments.
We changed our booking a couple of days before we arrived to include our three year old.
First impressions from the FOH manager were amazing. She made us feel so wlcome checking in and made our daughter feel like a princess - asking her to come and find her when she was dressed for dinner so she could see how lovely she looked.
This welcome set the tone for the whole stay.
The room was immaculately claen and huge.
I thought the first employee was a one off but every member of staff we met was fantastic. Whatever they do for staff training should be bottled and sold to every other hotel in the UK. We travel frequently and have never had the experience of such sincere and welcoming staff.
Dinner was great - the food was wonderful and the restaurant was busy but still nothing was too much trouble.
I was fortunate to have two spa tratments - both were relaxing and indulgent.

If you get the chance to stat here on one of their offers, do. However we'd be back in a flash for a short break, offer or not

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Rosy_Hill,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online, it's lovely to hear you had such an enjoyable family break with us. Children are always very welcome at the Resort and those aged 12 and under are accommodated free of charge with their parents and also eat free with a paying adult.

I have passed a copy of your great review on to the Team at the Resort who will be thrilled, I'm glad our staff helped to make you so welcome during your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

If it wasn't for the restaurant and guest rooms, this review would have scored far less - apart from one or two notable exceptions who were very customer focussed, we found staff to be quite rude overall. The spa element of our break felt a bit like a cattle market and far too many people were booked in for the day.

Our break wasnt spoiled as its the company you are with that matter most, but I certainly couldnt recommend Formby Hall for a relaxing get-away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Csmart53,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I can assure you that we take all guest feedback seriously and use it to help us continually improve the service and facilities we offer.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your recent spa break with us did not live up to your expectations, I can assure you that we like to treat all our guests with the highest respect and care. I'm sorry you felt your stay was similar to a cattle market, this is highly unusual for us.

Of course we hope you will return to the Resort again in the future to experience us at our usual high standards, should you wish to return then of course left me know and I can ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here in November while on business locally. Nothing was too much trouble, from the hearty on arrival from the chap on reception to the lad on the coffee bar.

Only using the room as a base so didn't use the spa or pool but overheard people in the bar saying how good their treatments were and how they enjoyed their time over there.

Had a few drinks in the bar before going out to town and again on returning, bar staff very good and friendly too.

Didn't try the restaurant but again looked in keeping with the rest of the place.

Breakfast was served rather than a buffet as i'd expected but none the less I got the extra sausages I asked the waitress for.

Overall a great base and if you search about you can get some great rates and deals.

Would happily return if in the area and recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor golf course room - these have patios.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mysticfruitbat
FHGRRevenueManager, Revenue Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online, I'm so glad your stay with us was enjoyable and you would choose to stay with us again.

It's great to hear that you found our staff so welcoming during your stay, I hope when you come back to stay again you will have the time to make full use of the fantastic facilities we have on offer including our 20m heated indoor pool and fully equipped Gym, maybe you could stay on one of our great value Spa or Golf breaks.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked this for a mid-week birthday treat having previously visited the Spa and enjoyed it.
The Spa - This was the best part of the day, a pleasant and relaxing experience. Had a nice head, face, neck and shoulder massage. Staff were nice and friendly. Only criticism would be that the jacuzzi was out of order.
The Hotel - The room was a nice, clean and spacious room. The bar had a good cocktail offer on, two for one. The restaurant however is where I was very disappointed. We were given the menu and quickly realised that there wasn't a single vegetarian main course. There were two meat free options but they had parmesan on them which is not vegetarian. The kitchen prepared us a mushroom pasta dish without the parmesan cheese. It was basically pasta in cream with a handful of mushrooms. Certainly nothing special at all and definitely not healthy, very sickly.
We decided to not have a pudding having been rather disappointed with the very below average soup and main course.
Back to the room, there was a random vibrating sound coming from somewhere near by. I called room service and someone came up to investigate. When they arrived the noise had quietened down to barely audible. The two guys who came to the room said they would investigate. However about 20 mins later it got louder again, i could hear it over the TV. It kept me awake and I only managed to get to sleep once it had died down again. It was still audible in the morning. I would certainly avoid Room 224 if you intend on getting some decent sleep.
Breakfast in the morning was the normal average affair.
I certainly wouldn't stay here again. The Spa is good but the hotel and restaurant aren't that great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul78Smith,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us, I'm glad the Spa element of your stay was enjoyable however please accept my sincere apologies that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We take all guest feedback very seriously and will always address any issues that have been highlighted.

A copy of your review has been forwarded on to our Chef and our Restaurant Manager so they are aware of your comments regarding the Vegetarian options which they will now review. We always offer a variety of dining options for our guests, those staying overnight on DBB packages can choose from the Residents menu which has multiple choices for each course or they can use their allocation towards dining from the Al la Carte menu.

I'm sorry that the bedroom you were allocated had issue with a vibrating noise, I can see that our Maintenance team have looked into this matter and resolved the issue.

Once again I'm sorry your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been, I can assure you the experience you had is not of the usual standard we offer. I do hope that you will come to stay with us again in the future and experience the Resort at its usual high standard. Please contact me should you wish to return and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really nice place with good rooms and a hearty buffet breakfast. Spa treaments are discreet and you can ask for a joint spa treatment in a private room with your wife or partner. If you want to get out of the hotel get a taxi to Freshfields which is a real ale pub 2 miles away. Lots of great ales and lagers and nice village setting,

Room Tip: happy hour on cocktails before 7pm
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, it's lovely to hear that your enjoyed your spa break with us so much. The double treatment rooms we have at the Resort are very popular with our guests so much so that we are converting another of our treatment rooms to be a double.

The area surrounding the Resort is ideal for short breaks, the Local village of Formby has a great selection of shops and is also very close to some fantastic tourist attractions such as the Red Squirrels and Formby Point.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again very soon.