We made the mistake of booking this place in advance, paying a 10% deposit. When we arrived we saw the rooms and were VERY disappointed at the standard. They were stained, the furniture chipped and clearly in need of a major overhaul - not what you expect for high-end prices in what should be a relatively cheap place - Narra. On the basis of the quality of the accommodation, we decided not to stay. The staff offered us the opportunity to "upgrade" to a more expensive 'chalet' with pool but the price was just way too high for the standard, so we decided to stay somewhere else - even though we knew we'd probably lose our deposit. We were asked to write a letter to explain why we weren't staying, which we did. We were then extremely disappointed to find out that, not only had they kept the deposit, they had also charged our credit card for the whole amount of the 2-night stay! This was despite the fact that they clearly weren't full and so had not lost other business through our cancellation. We have tried consistently to contact Crystal Paradise but they do not reply to emails and do not answer phonecalls. Extremely poor for a resort that claims to be upmarket. A cancellation policy whereby a customer pays at least part of the bill if they don't show up, is understandable. But to charge the full amount for a 2-night stay when we DID turn up, saw the rooms and decided not to stay because of the poor standard, is shocking. Note also that they have doctored the photos in their brochure to show white sand on the beach.. it is actually brown sand. The colour of the sand is no issue for us but the fact that they have doctored the images shows that these people are dishonest. Steer clear. There is a very nice resort called Macapuno (not yet on TripAdvisor) just down the road and on the same beach. We stayed there and had a great time - cheaper accommodation, lovely staff, amazing food and you can do all the excursions from there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Crystal Paradise Resort & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Paradise Resort & Winery Hotel Narra
- Crystal Paradise Resort And Winery
- Crystal Paradise Hotel Winery
- Crystal Paradise Resort & Winery Palawan Island, Philippines