See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2016 via mobile

We received a warm and friendly welcome from the owner, who offered us dinner despite our late arrival. We were then shown to our rooms, which were spacious, clean and comfortable. The owners and staff were all very friendly and helpful and meals were delicious. The location is great, with easy access to the main lifts and ski bus, but very quiet and peaceful. As we had to leave at 2.30am, we were offered a packed breakfast for our trip to the airport. Excellent! I hope to stay at Hotel Valacia again sometime and would definitely recommend to others.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank mrsladyBristol
Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

My experience could not have been better, from being collected from a bus stop very late at night, through to a packed lunch made up especially for my return journey home. This hotel delivers. Friendly owners and staff who were always willing to help and would go the extra mile to please you at all times. Clean, tidy and delightful decor coupled with a fab location, ideal for the slopes, and ski bus service.
I have already recommended it to friends and I cannot wait to return.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2015

For our second visit to this excellent hotel we chose to go in the winter to do some skiing. It was good to see the resort in both summer and winter. The staff are still excellent and very attentive but not overly. Fausto and Sabine are wonderful hosts and they run a great hotel and friendly staff - Tutti simpatici gli Italiani direbbero.
And don't forget to taste the grappa with pine cones- strange but good!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2015

We were in this hotel with my family from 10.01.-17.01.2015. The hotel is a little bit out of the town, but very close (walking distance). The hotel is nice. There are restaurant, bar with life music once a week, TV room, and a sitting area. Our room was spacious (it was 4 beds room, and we needed only 3 beds). The beds and pilows were comfortable and nice. The bath was renovated, but no shower gel. Something was wrong with the safe deposit box. We told the menager, but they didn't fix it until we left. There was a little fridge in the room, but enough to put water or juice. Our friend's room, was much smaller, and they told us that it was very cold. In all hotel it was colder that we experienced in other hotels. The ski slopes from the ski centrum Vall di Fassa passed very close to the hotel (only few steps away). There was a room for the skiboots, but I have to say that altough it seemed like the boots were heated, they were cold and a little wet incide (probably because they were not well heated). They turned off the heat at about 21.00 o'clock. Maybe it is too early.
About the food, I have to say that food was average. For breakfast there was no fresh vegetables, and friuts only if you ask (and they would give us 1 apple and 2 kiv-1 piece for each of us). The buffet for dinner wasthe same every night. The appetizers were several times the same (which hasn't happened until now). I have been in Italy 5-6 times, and this is the first time that the pasta were not alwayes ok. We usually adore pasta in Italy.The mean dishes and the deserts were nice.
It was nice to have free wifi in alll hotel, and in the rooms too.
The staf were rough, they never smile and never say good morning, or so...
We never met the owners of the hotel, which I find very strange. Usually they want to meet you and ask you if you like the hotel, and what you do't like.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Daniella1111
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Valacia
for two nights.
The hotel was very nice.
We had a family room We eat two dinners it OK Only.
The breakfast is good to start the day.
The staff at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. The location is just perfect
It is my second time at this area I recommend to taka bike to travel along the area

Room tip: all room are ok
Date of stay: August 2014