“My home away from home!”
Review of El Gigante Dormido

El Gigante Dormido
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Bayamon
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I consider El Gigante Dormido Restaurant, my home away from home. (Since I don't live in Puerto Rico, this is the place that I invite family and friends to meet). For the past 2 years, when I go to Puerto Rico, I invite my brothers, sisters, in laws, niece and nephews for a family gathering to catch up and eat great food. We enjoy it very much. The excellent customer service, starting by the owner, Edwin Rios, is out of this world. There is nothing you can request that you don't get. A varied Puerto Rican menu, delicious food, great atmosphere!

A great place to bring family, friends and even to do business. Nice and clean. Great bohemian weekend program. We love and strongly recommend El Gigante Dormido Restaurant!

1  Thank Vatamjah

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I'm puertorican and for me it's one of the best places to eat our food. The place is excellent, the service is excellent and the history behind the restaurant is beautiful. It is a family-owned restaurant and the owner talks with you and even sings with his guitar.The love they give you is just so warming. Please! Como visit us! And visit El Gigante Dormido so you can enjoy Puerto Rico!

1  Thank Jorge V
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were looking for authentic Puerto rican food. This place had few but great reviews. Its in a residential area and one might feel lost finding it. We met the owner and he personally sat with us told us his story. He played us a few local songs on his guitar. Great hospitality.
I had fish which I can surely say was the best fish I ever had along with a mashed plantain side. The home made sangria was perfect. For desert we had almond cheese custard and guava cheese cake. The quantity and taste were amazing. They have a new menu every day but they are flexible to cater to your special needs. Its definitely a place to visit when in Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Shraddha P
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The owner introduced himself and sent us a free appetizer. "Friends first, customer second." The food was authentic and delicious. We ordered tres leches and coconut flan for dessert. I loved the flan so much, I ordered another to go. We will go back for dinner again tomorrow! Highly recommended to anyone visiting Bayamon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

As soon as we entered we were treated like family! The owner greeted us right away and explained the menu to us. He was always following up with us asking if we liked what we were eating and making sure we were having a good time. We were treated to complimentary pastels, which was amazing but so was everything else. The singer was fantastic and even the owner would sing along with her. From the owner, Edwin, the singer, Elba, and the customers everyone made us feel like we were Puerto Ricans. Thank you!