“Amazing journey!”
other traveler has booked this property
Cabin # 2 Wine&cheese at 5pm included.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Cabin # 2
Wine&cheese at 5pm included.
Dine finely!
Cabin #2. King size bed
Balinese structure by the little pond.
The main house.
Cabin #1. Queen size bed.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Rafael L
“Amazing journey! ”
Reviewed May 29, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Words like Magical, Peaceful, Romantic, Oasis, Culinary experience, and Amazing just begin to scratch the wonderful surface of this exotic hidden gem! The truth is the Heart and Soul of Mont Carpe Diem not only stems from the colorful beauty of the grounds and the majestic strolls of the precious wildlife around you, but from the spectacular hosts that greet you at their door, Pedro and Yohandra, who make you feel like their home is your own escape. Mont Carpe Diem is the kind of place that while you are basking in the sun and taking in the nature sounds while floating in a crystal-clear salt water pool, you are already planning your next escape here! Thank you so very much Pedro and Yohandra for allowing us to escape to your home! See you soon Rafi & Carmen

May 30, 2017
Many thanks!
A big hug!
Shayra N
“A wonderful hideaway of peace and tranquility”
Reviewed April 13, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Mont Carpe Diem is one of those places that you can only conjure up in your mind until you make it there. Nestled between mountains, greenery, and pure unadulterated nature, your stay in this paradise will be nothing short of amazing. Our hosts, Yohandra and Pedro, made our weekend escape a memorable one, thinking of every detail not only within the cabins, but also in the always fresh and organic menus and the property as a whole. If you're looking for a secluded escape with a personalized experience, look no further than Mont Carpe Diem.

Apr 14, 2017
Thank you so much for these kindle words. We appreciate a lot! Always welcome Shayra & Roberto!
A hug!
Bluewave2...
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“A Haven of Peace and Relaxation”
Reviewed March 28, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

From the moment you arrive at the property gate you feel the energy of magical place created to make you connect with your inner self and become one with nature.

Mont Carpe Diem is true to its name, "seize the day". After your stay at Mont Carpe Diem it will make you want to do exactly that, seize the day and seize your life.

A perfect oasis to unwind, and let the energy connect you with yourself and others.

The place is even more magical once you meet Yohandra and Pedro. Two extraordinary people placed on this Earth to share there wonderful life story. Having a conversation with them is beyond what words can explain, they will truly inspire you. They have built something so special, they want to share it with those you can truly appreciate it.

Everything in Mont Carpe Diem is build and placed with a purpose. From the main house, filled with Pedro's artwork, to the balcony providing a view that can be admired for hours. The cabins are an oasis of relaxation, everything is in harmony.

As for the food, you are in for a treat. Yohandra's cooking is amazing. Everything is cooked to your delight, and they use ingredients from the land making it a farm-to-table feast.

Counting the days til a return visit. Thanks Yohandra and Pedro.

Your age range 35-49
Mar 29, 2017
Thank you so much for these kinds words! Welcome always!
ccbauxa2
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A relaxing paradise, a hidden gem!”
Reviewed March 21, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

If it were possible to give Mont Carpe Diem more than five stars, I promise you I would! I surprised my partner of five years with a visit to this magical place for our anniversary and it surpassed absolutely all our expectations. The ride there was relatively easy with the GPS, and even when we got a little lost Yohandra was kind enough to show us the rest of the way. Once we got there Pedro made the best mojitos I've probably ever had and showed us around, we were quickly enthralled by the beautiful landscapes, views, the amazing main house, its art, and the all around peaceful feeling! Plus, the peacocks were in their mating season and added an extra layer of beauty to the surroundings. Our room was comfortable, cozy, clean, beautifully decorated, and the view of nature right from our bed was enough to make us just want to chill there all day. We stayed in the King bed suite, and the shower has a window that opens up to small Japanese-style garden. Just stunning! had picked all our meals and this was by far the best surprise, Yoha is an AMAZING cook. I had a shrimp vodka-sauce pasta on our first night and it was savory, a great portion, and there was fresh shrimp with every bite. Incredible! Later that night we stayed up in the main house and had great conversations with the other couple who were staying and Yoha and Pedro. Before we knew it it was past midnight, time flies in such great company. On Saturday we walked around and hiked around the grounds and hung out in the teepee that Pedro built from scratch, had lunch by the pool (which they were kind enough to prepare for us short-notice), and later a special dinner I had planned to the last detail. It was delicious! Breakfast was nothing short of wonderful, the omelette with the freshly picked eggs from their chickens were scrumptious. They even gave us freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. There are no words for how delicious this was–and I'm not a big fan of juice overall. I absolutely recommend this for anyone who enjoys relaxing, nature, great food, and wants to do something different at a reasonable price, considering everything it includes and the privacy of it all. We will be returning, no doubt about it!

Mar 22, 2017
Wonderful! Thank you so much!
A TripAdvisor Member
Belding, Michigan
“Great experience, wonderful memories”
Reviewed March 3, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My husband and I just finished a two-week trip in Puerto Rico. We spent our first four days at Mont Carpe Diem. It was a wonderful way to get acquainted with the island. I have seen many other reviews of this place that mention the unique and wonderful accommodations so it would be somewhat redundant to go into those again here. But I will at least provide verification that this is a very nice place to stay. Very clean, comfortable, and beautiful.

And yes; the food was outstanding. Breakfast fit for a king. Perhaps one of the most wonderful settings for any meals I have ever sat down to. I will feel somewhat guilty showing photos from this place to friends and family. They have built a place that really takes advantage of the tropical paradise that surrounds them.

Now let me say more from my perspective. We went into this trip without much forethought or planning. We went from zero to "let's go on a vacation" within about one week. We ended up booking flights and places to stay only two weeks out, so we were not able to do much bargain-shopping. We are normally very budget-conscious shoppers and travelers, so when faced with the somewhat higher cost of Mont Carpe Diem, we had to swallow hard and just admit that without advance planning, we were going to pay the long-dollar.

But once we plunked down the money for flights, car, and accommodations, I just put the cost out of my mind. After arriving at Mont Carpe Diem and spending just a few hours there, I realized that we had made the right choice. Our stay there was certainly a high-point of the trip. During this vacation we did not stay at any traditional resorts or hotels, instead opting for a more "au natural" approach. We are glad we did this as we had much more opportunity to interact with local people and make some connections. Staying with Pedro and Yohandra and getting to know them was worth so much more than I imagined beforehand. I feel like we have made life-long friends.

We felt like welcome guests in their home when we came up for breakfast each morning or when stopping in to visit after a day of sightseeing. Since we are hobby-farmers back home, we enjoyed the opportunity to check out their little animal operation, share notes, and even help out (don't worry, they will not put a shovel in your hand and force you to shovel chicken crap).

Pedro had lots of interesting stories about life back in his native Cuba and how he and Yohandra built their home and business. Yohandra was a very gracious and energetic hostess; full of style but not stuffy and with a wonderful sense of humor, happy smile and welcoming embrace. She and Pedro make quite a pair and it was fun to be in their presence. Now I do not want to give the impression that your time there would be consumed with the hosts butting in to everything you do. I think that is entirely up to you. Their default position seemed to be one of providing a great environment for you to do as you please and relax in whatever way you see fight. But my husband and I are the types that enjoy meeting new and interesting people. So we took advantage of this great opportunity. I cannot stress enough that we felt like family staying in one of their cabins. To compare a stay here to being just another anonymous guest at some large resort would not be a fair comparison at all. Would you rather get supper standing in line at some cafeteria or go to grandma's house?

Mar 4, 2017
We also enjoyed Cindy and Mike's presence, they're enchanting people from whom we learned a lot, we're very happy they were a part of our lives. We miss them a lot, love them, and hope to see them again soon! Thank you for your kind words. Love!
MLphl
“Experience of a lifetime...”
Reviewed February 25, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

There are no words to describe the experience that we had staying at Mont Carpe Diem but I will do my best to express just how delightful it was. Nothing will prepare you for how amazing it truly is. I have had nothing but wonderful stays around the world but this certainly takes 1st place. What a gem! Once we arrived and were greeted and welcomed by the lovely hosts I felt like I had won the lottery. Through the photos, description, and reviews you can guess what type of stay you will have however I promise you nothing can prepare you for the joy of this hidden oasis. The food, the atmosphere, environment, luxury cabin, pool, bbq area with swings, outside showers, birds, peacocks, garden, fruit trees, terrace, views...out of this world. GO and ENJOY:)

Feb 26, 2017
Thank you MICHELLE! You're a sunshine! Wonderful!
Tripster6...
“Luxury cabins in the Puerto Rican rain forest”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Mont Carpe Diem is not a long drive from San Juan, but a world away. Once you pass through the gate, you are in a tropical paradise with every comfort, including beautifully tended gardens - did I say peacocks?, an A-MA-ZING pool (with pool-side bar and optional dining), but maybe best is the cabin itself. It's private, air-conditioned, and with an extremely comfortable bed and bath. There are two cabins, for two people each. Very private. The owners, Yohandra and Pedro, have perfected the art of being there when you need them and not being there when you don't. And last, but certainly not least, are the meals, which you choose from a menu in advance and enjoy on the balcony of the main house, overlooking the entire property. You can see the ocean in the distance. A beautiful side of PR that many don't see. Am looking forward to a return visit.

Feb 15, 2017
THANK YOU. THANK YOU! WELCOME TO US ROBERT & FER!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing