Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews plant tour assembly line kaikan museum toyota kaikan meeting place a short bus ride months in advance assembly plant tour guide free of charge worth the effort on display takes place jr pass gift shop driving simulator free tour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Ome hpur visit to the museum. Basics on Toyota motor company. Great lamdscape around the place. Worth of visiting.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank MH73PORI
Reviewed October 6, 2018

I went with a tour group and I had a great time. It was interesting to see it all the cars and learn more about Toyota. I got to do a driving simulation game as I got into a car and had to put on a seat belt and there is a steering wheel and the go and brake pedal. I did will even though I haven't go a driving licence. It was interesting and you can feel when you drive off the road and it only allowed you 2 or 3 minutes but it was good as they had different conditions like fog and you can over take cars so you get more out of the drive. It was interesting they had some exhibits you can touch or do so you can see how they do it as there were kids there on this school trip. It was great to see the robot come alive as it play the violin. I will go again.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank kelly11584
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

The museums a little hard to find. The museum itself is OK - lots of jnfo on Toyotas work on reducing the environmental impact of their products. But the factory tour is amazing and well worth booking into - it departs at 11 and lasts a couple of hours. Saw the assembly line and welding robots in huge details with a very informative commentary. Thank you to the excellent tour guide who spoke great English.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018

While living in Japan, we've felt compelled to visit as many Japanese car production/history museums as possible as former S2000 owners/JDM enthusiasts. We were very excited about signing up for a 2hour long Toyota factory tour that appeared to be free. It was a somewhat easy but long online process to get a username and sign up for the tour. Luckily we were going to be in the area on a Monday, and there was still availability 2 weeks out. I would recommend booking a month or more out for weekend factory tour slots. Email communication was good from Toyota Kaikan, but we were saddened to learn from Toyota Kaikan email and their Twitter that the 6.5 magnitude Hokkaido quake had affected our factory tour in that certain parts would not be available for making cars on that Monday. Tour cancelled just like that. However, when we showed up they were very apologetic and gave us a Toyota pen each. We visited Toyota Kaikan anyway, because its like a showroom/museum hybrid focused on the Green future of Toyota and not so much on Toyota's past. Cut-away model of hydrogen cell car and various other dioramas are very informative. You can watch videos of the production line. We spent a good hour walking through, though my husband could have spent longer sitting in all the cars on the "showroom" floor. Don't worry-no one will try to sell you a car. Gift shop has its own Toyota Kaikan omiyage but not much else to link the the location to Toyota. Lots of Toyota merchandise and toys. Cafe accessible via exterior staircase to lower level. Good driving stop between Nagoya and Shizuoka off the ShinTomei Highway

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

My son went on the tour 7/23 from 10:30-1. It was an English tour but the participants were from many countries. The tour guide-a young lady handled the crowd well and it went very smooth and was informative. She answered questions well even though two people answered questions that were quite difficult and a short answer would not have answered them-more culturally-related. No charge for the tour and well-worth it the time. The simulator was fun too trying driving in different weather conditions. My son and I went head to head.

Date of experience: July 2018