The Valley Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$231
$516
$122
$118
$122
Westenra Arms Hotel(Monaghan)(Great Value!)
$145
Priceline
Ashleigh House(Monaghan)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswilliamson familythis family run hotelbite to eatchocolate browniebar foodwedding receptionfront barfirst classfunction roomsecond to nonerelaxed atmospherecooked to perfectionevening mealboth nightswarm welcomelovely foodbeef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2010

what can I say, homemade PACKET soup which I might add was luke warm, chicken curry minus the chicken, staff somewhat unhelpful, complained about curry, "I'll let the chef know" was the reply, still ended up paying for the dish, without so much as an apology! definitely wont be eating here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
H0tel_Manager, Manager at The Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Dear polly17108

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience at the Valley Hotel. As you can see from the high number of 5 star reviews received on Trip Advisor we pride ourselves on the excellent food and customer service that we offer in this family owned and managed local hotel .

However I do acknowledge that sometimes, even in the best hotels, customers may find the service not up to the usual standards, thus when I read your review I conducted my own internal investigation. Firstly, I would like to reassure yourself and any other TA readers that our soup is freshly prepared by the chefs using local ingredients. When the member of staff on duty heard that the soup was not your satisfaction they exchanged it for chicken wings. With regards to the children’s portion of chicken curry, it is one of our most popular dishes and I am sorry to hear that you found there to be less chicken than anticipated.

As a frequent customer myself to local restaurants I understand that it is how a situation is handled rather than what occurred which can leave a lasting impression, and in this respect I believe your concerns could have been better dealt with at the time. I would like to extend my apologies to you and your family and would encourage you to return to the Valley and get to sample the experience for which we are renowned throughout the province.

Thanks again for your comments – despite striving for the best at all times, sometimes we do get it wrong and without comments from customers such as yourself we would be unaware of the areas in which we need to improve. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards Greg Williamson General Manager

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Graeme and I got engaged in May 2009 after going around different hotels we just weren't grabbed by any hotel we had been to view, attending a wedding in Enniskillen we happened to be passing the Valley Hotel and decided to stop for a quick snack, the food was beautiful and the staff were lovely. On leaving the hotel we spotted a wedding brochure and took it with us to have a look. On the way back the next day we took a look around the blessing bourne estate and decided to call and see the staff in the Valley, again we got a warm and friendly welcome, Graeme and I both knew straight away that this was to be the hotel to have our venue. Greg and his sisters are just lovely they work so well together, anytime I rang to enquire about anything it wasnt a problem, Greg kept us informed of what happened next, advised us on the cheapest places to shop for ideas and he and his family really helped make our day so beautiful. As anyone knows a bride can get a little stressed coming up to the day but having Greg there was great, the room was magical, the food was outstanding and everyone that I have spoken to since the wedding has said that they felt so relaxed. Greg himself contacted the guests with special dietary requirements and those guests felt it a comfort that they weren't being singled out but valued. Excellent excellent day would love it all over again! thank you

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We did not stay at the Valley hotel but did have a meal and a night out there. The meal was the best in all of Ireland...the food was spectactular, the atmosphere was perfect and the service was impeccable. We had a teenage girl with us who tried the chocolat brownies on numerous occasions throughout the trip and said nothing came close to the ones she had here, she regretted not being able to finish the last few bits of the enormous serving. The night at the pub was as perfect as it could possibly be, the staff were all happy to help and did an excellent job on top of it all. If anyone plans to stay anywhere close to Fivemiletown, they should definitely book this location in advance!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We were looking for a short break for a couple of nights and had heard good things about the Valley Hotel. They should have been great things! From the moment we arrived we were welcomed and looked after to the highest level. This family run hotel has all the hallmarks of the family environment with friendly and professional service. We ate in the bar on both nights and the food was superb; local, well cooked food. You have to try the Brownies! Pure indulgence! I believe even the head chef is one of the family, great to see. The rooms were clean and well kept and there was entertainment in the Bar on the Saturday night. Definately a hidden gem and one that we will be hopeing to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We had the must wonderful experience in the Valley Hotel
from the moment we booked our wedding, they couldn't do enough for us.
The catering was incredible No shortage of food - The service was great - always a step ahead of us.

Our room was very comfortable and roomy. Wish i could have stayed longer in bed!!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family