I booked the Valley Hotel for a two night stay while in the Enniskillen area largely based on the good reviews the hotel received on Tripadvisor. It is ideally placed on the main Belfast-Enniskillen road and is well signed as you enter Fivemiletown.
A nice friendly welcome on arrival from the staff reception desk staff and they offered to have my luggage delivered to my room once I was checked in.
Rooms had been recently refurbished and were of a high standard. Initial impression was a clean, fresh smelling and spotless room which was well maintained and tastefully decorated. The room was well equiped and included data ports, an LCD television. plenty of electric sockets and an ironing board and trouser press.
The bathroom was gleaming and had a good selections of soaps, shampoos and lotions along with a sewing kit, shoe-shine kit and shower cap. It was nice to see that the Valley have retained these things when so many of the large chains are pennypinching and no longer provide them.
Dining is provided in the hotel in either the restaurant or you can order food in the Bar. I chose to eat in the bar. Meals are prepared fresh to order and I found them to be very good quality. It seemed to be busy on both nights and many people sounded to be local which is always a good sign. Breakfast was served in the Bordaux restaurant and again the service and quality of food was of a high standard.
Overall, the service at the Valley is outstanding. The major chains should go to the Valley to see good customer service in action. Too many times I stay with my work at major chains and find their idea of interacting with customers is limited to a few phrases learnt parrot-fashion which they repeat to every customer. It is refreshing to see that staff at the Valley have not gone down this route are all genuinely friendly and still treat their customers as GUESTS. They seem to go that extra mile to provide top class service and a superb place to stay.
Hope to be back there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is truly a magnificent small modern contemporary family run NITB 3 Star hotel; offering excellent service accommodation and award winning cuisine. The hotel is situated at the gateway to the famous Fermanagh Lakelands a perfect base to explore many of the tourist attractions such as Marble Arch caves, Belleek Pottery and the award winning Ulster American Folk Park. Golf, fishing, walking, cycling and pony trekking are all available locally within the sleepy village of Fivemiletown not to mention some fantastic ladies boutique shops and lots lots more. Our 22 newly refurbished bedrooms offer all the services you expect for the modern international traveller, trouser press & ironing board, flat screen T.V, hairdryer, unlimited FREE Wi Fi, tea & coffee making facilities, and complimentary car-parking available.All rates include a fantastic breakfast of fruit juices, choice of cereal, fruit, yogurts, croissants and a freshly cooked breakfast complimented with freshly brewed tea and coffee.Accommodation comprises of executive doubles, standard doubles, standard twins, family room and a luxury suite.Recent awards include: Welcome to Excellence Award, Flavour of Tyrone Good Food Circle, Gold Award Green Tourism Business Scheme and 1st Place Best Energy Saving SME Action Renewable Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Valley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Hotel Fivemiletown
- The Valley Hotel Fivemiletown, United Kingdom