“Not what I thought....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Le Claux de la Bastide
Sydney, Australia
“Not what I thought....”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I misunderstood Le Claux de la Bastide. Looking at the old web site I had thought this was a B and B, it is not. The house is beautiful and the location terrific but it is not suitable for a solo traveller, unless you like staying in a huge house all by yourself. When I made the booking I wasn't told it was no longer a B and B and that there was no one actually living in the house. I arrived for four nights, I was handed the keys and the caretaker then left. It is an enormous house and I felt quite "odd" being the only person in it. I decided to leave the next morning as I felt very uncomfortable being by myself.

It is ideal for a family or a group of friends, the kitchen is well equipped, except I couldn't find a fridge!

I notice the web site has been updated and it is now clearer it is a gite. Just don't go as a solo traveller.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank clareville

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Beautiful house in a lovely town. The owner, Genevieve, is a lovely lady who is very helpful and not at all obstrusive. We arrived on spec and there was no one there but there was a notice with a telephone number so we called and a lovely lady arrived within five minutes and said the owner was away in Toulouse but she booked us in. Our room was large, spacious and very comfortable with a large well equipped bathroom and we slept very well. We sat in the pretty garden and drank wine and ate bread, tomatoes and cheese as we could not face another " plat de jour " ! There were no other guests whilst we were there so we felt as if we had our own little corner of France ! We rarely return to places we have stayed but will stay here on our return journey. Villefranche de Rouergue is a lovely town with small cobbled streets and medieval buildings, and bridges spanning the River Aveyron.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VanessaBelfast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Les Fleurines
Les Fleurines
#1 of 4 in Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Riv'Hotel
Riv'Hotel
#1 of 1 in Maleville
Hotel balladins Villefranche de Rouergue
Hotel balladins Villefranche de ...
#4 of 4 in Villefranche-de-Rouergue
#2 of 11 in Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Mon Plaisir
Mon Plaisir
#4 of 11 in Villefranche-de-Rouergue

Been to Le Claux de la Bastide? Share your experiences!