September 2011 week away, cheap deal in a studio. Very dated, dark, musty and tired room, near to the tennis courts. There was a crack in the stone work top/draining board, so the drawer and cupboard underneath had about an inch of water in it, that so that's why it stunk so much. For the price, wasn't expecting too much, but could have been better. Reported the fact to the reception, so hopefully they will have fixed it for this season. Disappointed on day one, but got used to it. Bought a couple of airfreshners and made sure we didn't let any thing drain on the stone surface and it dried out in a couple of days. Clean as could be, under the circumstances. However, the location makes up for it all. Staff friendly. Convenient supermarket on site. Ate in the restaurant first night and was ok. Rest of time, spent all day on the fantastic beach and in the evenings walked into the Santa Luzia. Didn't use the pool or hotel bars, but looked ok.There was a local free music festival on for three nights while we were there which was really good. Would recommend the location and are going back this September, but staying in a private apartment. A bit of required, although not sure what other studios were,like, we may of just got a duff one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the small town of Santa Luzia - Tavira, Pedras d'el Rei is a well known touristic resort in the Eastern Algarve. With a wide variety of accommodation available (from Studios for 2 persons up to Villas for 8 persons), all apartments are fully equipped, providing a cosy stay within magnificent green areas in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Pedras d'el Rei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pedras d`El Rei Hotel Santa Luzia
- Pedras Del Rei
- Pedras D'el Rei Portugal/Santa Luzia