Hawkstone Park Hotel
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I attending a wedding here last year, it is not the most attractive of places when you pull up the drive but the inside is very nice. The service was great, very effcient from start to finish. The food is ok! Nothing too special and tasted like it was straight out the freezer. The drinks are a little pricey too. The rooms upstairs are also in need of a little TLC but ok for sleeping off a heavy head after a wedding. Overall hawkstone put on a good reception.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
lizt931, Guest Relations Manager at Hawkstone Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are constantly reviewing our menus and our drinks prices are generally competitive with other hotels in the area. Overall I am glad that you enjoyed Hawkstone Park's hospitality and hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went on the Santa Safari for the second year running and absolutely loved it again. There is so much attention to detail and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend the safari to anyone who has never been before, it's great fun for everyone and the Santa there is definitely the best! We decided this year to stay for the Christmas menu, 2 courses at £13.50 per head. Due to the beautiful surroundings, great reviews and the price I did expect something along the lines of a carvery, not a vac-packed ready meal. We were served two slices of reformed turkey, 2 roast potatoes, a chipolata, a slice of rolled stuffing and gravy made with bisto granules. We were that hungry we practically fought over the sprouts. The desert was marginally better however not the profiteroles that were advertised, but rather one larger choux bun. The restaurant was not particularly busy and yet it took two hours to get those two courses out to a party of 7. Not good. I would wholeheartedly recommend the santa safari, but either take a flask and sandwiches or better still, go somewhere else to eat. One of the worst cullinary experiences ever; we felt robbed.....and still hungry!

1  Thank Pixie70
Hawkstone, General Manager at Hawkstone Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thanks for the feedback and i'm pleased you enjoyed your Santa Safari. I am sorry that the meal was not what you expected but i can reassure you that all of this is freshly prepared using the best quality ingredients.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

having read the reviews on trip advisor I was really looking forward to taking the kids here for the weekend

first impressions weren't great - the exterior looked very tired. On checking in I was a little more hopeful as the reception was nice and clean and the staff were very helpful.

We stayed in a family suite, it was clean but very dated and old fashioned, if we had paid more for the night I wouldnt have stayed but at £60 a night the room just about justified the price.

The evening meal was also poor value but again, the staff were very helpful and rescued the evening for us

My advice to the owners would be to spend a few quid on paint and wall paper and to bonus all of the staff whom I couldnt fault in any way

2  Thank valetillidye

Thanks for great comments about the team i am sure they will be pleased to read your feedback. We have an ongoing plan for decorative improvements which is underway and continuing through January and February.

regards

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We arrived at the Hawkstone Park hotel and were instantly impressed by the warm welcome we received. The room was great, and we were looking forward to our Santa Safari.
The jeep picked us up and it was a magical ride through Hawkstone Park, with a jolly driver showing us where the elves lived, the wolves in the woods and the wondering deer. The lights to light up the forest were spectacular. They had 2 little reindeer in a stable, very cute... My boy was mesmerized by this stage.
On through the caves to where a funny elf was entertaining all the children whilst I presume the last jeep load of people got through to Santa.
As the funny elf showed us further into the cave, we soon met a large cue...at 10 mins I was a little disheartened, at 20 mins I began to feel a little angry and disheartened, the children were also getting impatient. After 30 mins it became apparent we still had some way to go...at 40 mins I decided they had ruined it, all that special magic, the effort and thought gone in to the whole event, just lost, doubting my return next year, I still tried to stay happy and jolly for my 4 year old. He was more patient than me. Just then, it was our turn, an elf opened the door, to magical woodland of fake Xmas trees lights and snow. And soon after we were allowed in to see a wonderful Santa in his sleigh. My boy was so happy, we left feeling great and happy that the end result was so good.
But how disappointing to have waited all that time, I hope this was a one off, I would so like to go next year, but I don't think I could face the long wait.
All staff at the Hotel was brilliant with us, especially Darren, he went the extra mile to make our stay perfect. Good food, cosy and warm, great price!!!

3  Thank vicky a
Hawkstone, General Manager at Hawkstone Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for the detailled feedback, it is good to see that you enjoyed the overall visit. I'm sorry that you had to wait a while to see Santa, this is the only part of the trip that is a bit unpredictable as some families take longer than others in his part of the Grotto. So far this has only happened for 2 short periods across all of our dates so it is not typical at all. Lets hope you come back next year.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

After receiving plenty of recommendations about the Santa Safari we decided to pay this place a visit this year, we went for the twilight which was a little more expensive but well worth it

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left everything ran like clockwork, it you have young children i would highly recommend this place. If you have missed a chance to go this year put it in your diary for next year. If you are going to treat your kids to one thing in 2014 make sure it's here.

I don't think for £67 its overpriced, if anything its just right. A big well done to all the staff for a well organised event.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks very much for the positive feedback we hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been going to the Santa Safari at Hawkstone for years now and after a couple of disappointing years, I am happy to say the excellent Santa Safari is back on track and better than ever.
Departure for the trip is back at the hotel like the good days and plenty of thought and planning gone into making the whole event festive, magical and very special. It was great to see the dining room full of happy families again. The food and the accomodation were good and the staff were excellent. I recommend this trip a lot so I am glad its all back to the high standards that bring people back year in and year out. Well done Hawkstone Park, thanks for everything x

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind coments about your stay at Hawkstone Park Hotel, we hope to welcome you back next year

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed on business here on a few occasions now and have enjoyed each stay bar one. No fault of the hotel, just some of the guests that unfortunately were here at the time of my stay.
The hotel staff are very friendly and hospitable and the restaurant and bar food are of a very good standard and reasonably priced (on a par with other 3 star hotels). The rooms are very comfortable in the hotel and in the chalets/units at the furthest part of the hotel, towards the rear but please be aware, should you be allocated a room in the chalets (rooms are numbered 400 onwards, then it can be very noisy. You can hear the TV on in adjacent rooms and hear people converse clearly through the paper thin walls. My advice on booking or arrival, is to ask to stay in the hotel rather than the chalets.
The hotel can be very quiet during the working week with very few business travellers about. You may however, see large golfing groups reside in the hotel which is no problem at all. I'm not a golfer but I understand that the golf course is excellent.
The bar is generally quiet but the bar staff are happy to have a conversation with you and nothing is too much trouble for them. Wi-Fi connectivity is normally excellent in the hotel rooms generally but a bit hit and miss in other parts of the hotel.
This is a good hotel, clean and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid the chalets, ask for a room in the hotel itself.