“nice welcome”

The Summerhouse Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Albrighton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

honest food at resonable prices with a good atmosphere we enjoyed our foodand i had probably the biggest burgger i have eaten with the oppotuinity to double it up again not that it needs it good luck to anyone who gives it a go

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (51)

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Went today for lunch with my mom and her friend.
Never been before so was excited to see what it was like.
First impressions it looked lovely and summary from the outside. Walking in it was spacious and clean with lots of tables to choose from.
We ordered drinks at the bar and were served quickly by a friendly Batman.
On looking at the menu everything is home cooked. (Pics attached). There is lots of choice. There was a specials board with about 8 different meals on and also a summer salad board.
We ordered and the food was served quickly and piping hot. The waiters was friendly and made lovely conversation. Portions were HUGE considering how cheap the meals were.
All of us found our meals to be super tasty and we were all full
And very happy.
Ladies toilets are a little dated and it needs a spruce up. Other than that I will def be bringing my friends back here for another meal.
There is a big bear garden and ample parking.
Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank goodegg007
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Always loved this pub, been many times with my Mrs and my late parents. Never had any complaints before. Walked in today to be confronted by a lectern and a sign saying wait here to be seated. It was 12.45 and almost empty. We were told we may be able to squeeze you in but you'll need to be gone by 2 so you'll be watching the clock. Nice welcome and good business sense. A few unreserved tables for regulars may be a good idea. How about I'll just leave and never set foot in the place again. Thanks for the good times over the years, but that's me done.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

Visited late on a Monday evening with 11 friends, not a problem. A great welcome from the staff. Good selection of craft draught beers. Food is typical pub grub, wholesome with generous portions, even vegan options. Service was prompt and the food was excellent, the black country pork stack was something to behold. Great value, would highly recommend

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

We visited on Monday teatime with two dogs and were warmly welcomed and shown to a table by a very well trained barman.
The menu was extremely varied and very reasonably priced.
The food was speedily produced and very hot.
I had the plaice fillet- very tasty and my partner the liver and onions- mashed potato perhaps manufactured, but everything was well cooked.
Two criticisms- a lack of atmosphere about the place. It needs to be made a little cosier. A feeling of coldness!
Secondly, the carpark badly needs an overhaul. A bit of a mess and unattractive. It looks much as it did in the sixties!
We will go back though.