“Best B&B ever”
Review of Lyth Hill House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyth Hill
Lyth Hill House
Ranked #1 of 1 Lyth Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We found this delightful B&B through browsing the internet and I'm really glad we did. From the cheerful greeting to the final wave goodbye everything was perfect. Great location at the end of a little lane means no traffic and a great view over the fields. The room was spacious and fully equipped with everything the visitor could require. I was a bit dubious about the "wet room" en suite but it worked a treat.
A word of caution beware the breakfast - the quality of the food is very very good but the portions are very very generous!
I would happily recommend the Lyth Hill House except I'm worried it may be booked up the next time we want to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I would like to thank the Lyth Hill House B&B, where my parents, husband and I stayed for a few days over my wedding week. They treated us (and even my four-pawed brothers) as family, allowing us free, if respectful, range of their immaculate and stunningly-located home, amazing pool and garden, as if it were our own. And believe me, I wish it were. The lovely couple who own and run the place even waved us off when we left, and I won’t be surprised if we will be back there again soon to celebrate an anniversary, or just a weekend :-p

Room Tip: They are all great rooms; it's a lovely house!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Perfect in every way! We arrived as guests, left feeling like friends, from the warm greeting at the door to the final hugs goodbye and the wave into the distance on leaving, you feel at home. I echo all previous reviews, but it still does not do this wonderful retreat justice. It is amazingly comfortable and kept to the highest standard in every way imaginable, having most comfortable beds I've ever slept in outside home. Many little extras dotted around, i.e. sweeties in the lounge area, handy toiletries in the changing room/shower room, fridge for our use. Nothing is too much trouble for this genuine couple, even when they prepared a 0600am breakfast on the morning of our daughters' wedding! They put up with our two very grumpy and tired Shih Tzu's, who loved the garden, exploring the many winding paths. At night the place takes on a new ambiance with a beautiful lit fountain to the front driveway and lights out on the patio to the back. It is a stunning residence run by a very sincere couple. We cannot thank Gwendda and Clive enough for making our stay an excellent place to relax, especially in the exhausting and stressful days before the wedding.

Room Tip: Room 3 access to and over looking the garden through sliding patio doors at the rear of the property...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If anyone deserved to succeed at B&B this delightful, helpful, obliging and generous couple are they. From the second we parked the car to the second we drove away we felt as though our enjoyment of the facilities and our stay in shropshire really mattered to them. The place was spotless and the breakfast to die for. This is customer service at its best.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked our weekend at Lyth Hill House as a romantic weekend break. We arrived on our Motorcycle (Garage space available if wished)on Friday evening, Clive Greeted us and showed us to our recently refurbished room . Room 3 is a double room with patio doors into the garden and a lovely BIG bathroom with spa bath and a seperate shower. After a full tour of all the amenities we were offered tea and some of Gwendas (Delicious) home made cake, which we took in the beautiful garden. We then went for a swim in the heated indoor pool, which was as spotlessly clean as the rest of the establishment. Breakfast was amazing. Cooked to order and to perfection one can order as much or a little as required, there are also cereals and fresh fruit etc. We both really enjoyed our weekend at lyth Hill house and we will certainly be returning there soon. The best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Often enough comparing the homepage with the reality brings disapointment. Arriving at The Lythe Hill House was exactly the other way round. Wow - overwelming! Not only is that BnB placed on a lovely spot (check the view point) but also the House, the dingle-like-garden, the comfy and luxerious rooms are hard to find somewhere else. The welcome tea with biscuits made us feel like at home and the way Gwendda and Clive run the little place made us feel like at home. More as if being at friends than being just hosts and guests. We stayed in room 3 which has king size beds and a very spacious bath room with a wirlpool bath tub. From our beds we could see right into the garden where our own table and chairs were waiting for us to drink tea outside. I had read a lot about the marvellous breakfast before and thought well I'll see....But: once again... Can't be beaten.... The best full english breakfast I've ever ever had! And after brekker a swim in the indoor swimmingpool....ah.... Great!
I found this little oasis via Trip advisor and spent 9 nights with my son enjoying a father-and-son vacation. Although it means travelling all the way from Germany to Shrewsbury again for sure 2013 we shall come again. Usualy I'm not the chap who writes these kind of reports but in this case I feel that I just have to. Anyone who decides to stay at the Lyth Hill House with Clive and Gwendda will surely not regret it. Never before have I payed the bill so happy.
Kurt and his son Julien (11)

I stayed with my son 9 nights enjoying a father-and-son vacation. We travelled

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

From the moment we arrived Gwendda and Clive were the most attentive hosts. After helping wioth our bags, Clive showed us to our room and welcomed us with tea and home made cake. Our room - number 3 - was beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. The beds proved to be very comfortable and, as I am slightly disabled, attention to detail including, for example, a long-handled shoehorn, made our stay a real pleasure. The blue-tiled bathroom was a real surprise and even had a sunken whirlpool bath, separate shower and bathrobes provided. Our room had direct access through large patio doors into the garden which, with its hidden walks, colourful flowerbeds, waterfall, pond and seating, provided an ideal spot to watch the local wildlife. Breakfast was outstanding. There was a self-service fruit and cereals bar, which was followed by Clive taking our order for the freshly cooked full English with a massive choice. The creamy scrambled eggs with smoked salmon surpassed the dish we have had in many top country hotels. Plenty of time to chat with fellow guests over toast and croissants afterwards, along with unlimited coffee. Note - there was also a heated indoor swimming available. A memorable three-night stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room 3 very comfortable and quiet - no passing traffic
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lyth Hill House? Share your experiences!