“Ladies who lunch”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Wem
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a lovely place-decorations are tasteful, with a few quirky touches-salt and pepper are presented in miniature gin and whisky bottles,coat hooks are bent spoons etc.
The food was simple but really tasty, with high quality ingredients. My pie was a generous portion of really melt in the mouth meat and well-flavoured gravy, and there were plenty of vegetables with it..

2  Thank music9di

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Have been to the Moat Shed three times in he past few months and is it one of my favourites. Excellent food - always impeccably presented. Everything is fresh and the fruit and veg taste like it was just harvested and the desserts are perfect. The view from the moat shed is lovely. One very very happy customer!

2  Thank Anna S
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Beautiful location and outlook, great food and super toastie warm fire. Decor is classic and tasteful. Will be returning as soon as possible!

1  Thank shropsie
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife decided to take me on a Mystery Trip for Lunch, I had absolutely no idea where we were going and didn't quite know where I was, once we arrived. I had never heard of the Moat Shed but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It has a lovely atmosphere bright, airy but also cosy, we had a warm welcome and continued to have excellent service. I ordered the Roast Lamb dinner followed by bread and butter pudding and my wife opted for Pie of the day. The Food was piping hot, beautifully presented and tasted delicious. The little details make the experience a little more special and well worth a visit. We will be going back and will probably book a table as not to be disappointed. Well Done

1  Thank ridgie99
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were invited to a 70th birthday party and were really happy with The Moat Shed. On arrival were surprised at the size of the building, but loved the setting and the verandah had a wonderful view over the fields.
Loved the rustic, modern inside and the staff were just lovely and friendly and helpful.
We sat down to a most delicious sunday roast. The food was exceptional and large portions - in fact, the best I've had. The service and staff were great.
Spent a lovely long afternoon here and will certainly be calling again with friends and relatives.
A brilliant find and a little different.