“Could do better on some "non-food" elements”
Review of The Tilley Raven

The Tilley Raven
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Wem
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A pub and dining venue in a small black and white Hamlet Serving fresh local products cooked to order
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Could do better on some "non-food" elements”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

In common with many other reviews we found the food, drink and service very good/excellent for choice, quality and value BUT there are two areas i thought it could do better to get an excellent rating from me.

We had 2 glasses that were very dirty - other reviews have mentioned this.
For an establishment that appears to aspire to edge it's way above the "normal" pub I found it odd the Gent's Toilets were more "Village pub" than "restaurant" - no hot water?

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing quality at an affordable rate”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Whatever I have at this pub is amazing tasty food and friendly staff. They will always bend over backwards to give you what you want but can't give you what isn't on the menu - figures really! The pub has a friendly atmosphere with strangers becoming new friends with great food. I just wish that local people were a bit more adventurous but I do like worldly food! A must go for the food and Salopian experience. Make sure that you book so you can get a table as the pub is popular!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am at a loss to explain why the latest bad reviews have been allowed on here, their complaints were petty and their indignation is pathetic!
Aside from this I felt the need to make an account on trip advisor specially to review this restaurant because one of the waitresses mentioned it to me. We went for a meal last week and it was enchanting. The food was cooked to absolute perfection, (a rare find in the era of takeaways and McDonalds) They had a fab range of ales and ciders on tap as well as a wide selection of soft drinks for the driver. And we couldn't have been happier with the service, the waitress and the nice gentleman at the bar were extremely accommodating and nothing was too much trouble, I wish the people in my local were as charming! It's a shame that this little gem is tucked away on the outskirts of a small town as they don't get the recognition they deserve.
I will certainly be back

Ann - Marie Fielding

Wem, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food as always”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would just like to review our meal that we had on 19th October the same evening as the complaint dated 20th October. I am absolutely disgusted with the review from the lady who has written a terrible review over cider and Melba toast!!!! We have been going to The Tilley Raven at least once a week either on a Saturday or a Sunday and have had several family parties there also for years. We have sampled a wide range of starters, main courses and deserts and have NEVER had a bad meal or poor service. Food always fresh, of a high standard and and plentiful. From bar service to table service it is always excellent and the kitchen staff are always accommodating. We cannot believe that the lady and her family were dining at he same place or were even in he same pub as we were. If you want a fantastic meal with excellent service, great choice of food and lovely staff go to The Tilley Raven from Jean and Rob.

Port Douglas, Australia
“Great...an option to chips and peas.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Definitely best pub meal had locally with plenty of fresh vegies., great choice of menu, excellent service despite being very busy, lovely surroundings.

• Visited September 2013