All reviews attingham park courtyard room banks of the river national trust property wedding reception wedding venue lovely evening fish and chips chocolate brownie superior room friday evening wine list couldn't fault the main hotel stayed for one night full english shrewsbury
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have user 'The Mytton' regularly over recent years & called in at lunchtime today. I sat outside & ordered from the menu of food available for outside seating - only to see other people had ordered from the enhanced 'inside menu'. My first choice was not available & what I ordered had to return my food because the bread was dry & going off, the replacement proved more of a discussion than I expected & the replacement dish was better but the tableware was chipped?
The staff are pleasant but scruffy and the food is expensive for what is delivered, I'll leave it a while before I return, as it was a mediocre experience!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheriffrossco
Reviewed April 15, 2019

This hotel is tired and needs a serious revamp. It could be beautiful, its a nice building.
Its £50 a night B&B and you get what you pay for. The bed was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was clean but the carpet in the bedroom was gross. Covered in stains and I wouldnt walk on it in bare feet, it was filthy.
Breakfast was average. I wouldnt stay again in a hurry.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank h0telm0telh0lidayinn
Reviewed April 11, 2019

stayed 4th and 5th April beautiful place lovey for a relaxing stay, room we had looked over the garden and river. Thank you for the lady who checked us in, all the staff were friendly and helpful just a few names we got thank you Kirstie, Lily, Sam, Austin. David, Zoe, Edward and Nathan, an to the rest of the staff we didn't get your names but you were all good food was lovely as well.

Room tip: Room 3 has a lovely view of the garden and the river room is clean and confortable
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2019

use this hotel on several occasions. Arrived on a sunday night, busy which is a good sign. On arrival checked I wanted a ground floor room. I had taken the last room, so good as some of the stairs to first floor rooms are very steep. Reception and service good, breakfast good but did not do my usual check on marmite!. Overall a nice hotel with rooms that could do with some updating. I would use again

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2019

Service and food was very disappointing when we visited for a mother’s day brunch. They mixed up the orders, we waited ages for lukewarm coffees, and the portions of full English breakfast were small and had obviously been standing out for quite a while( a skin had formed on the beans). All the bread on the menu is described as Rob Swift artisan bread- what was served was square, packet, sliced bread. Rob Swift might not be impressed at having his name associated with that! Oh, and though toast was supposed to arrive, it never did. Won’t be going back.

Date of stay: March 2019