“dont go if you are a foodie”

The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Atcham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This is a magnificent grade II listed building, standing on the banks of the River Severn, it has been tastefully decorated and captures the charms of its original coaching inn days, reflecting an atmosphere of comfort and tranquillity. The hotel has been awarded 3 AA stars and provides quality food and service in a welcoming environment. Food is served all day and the range of menus feature fresh seasonal produce produced by the talented kitchen brigade. The venue benefits from a central location and is ideal for meetings and functions. Resident guests can enjoy a range of short breaks in well appointed bedrooms.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to the Salop motorcaravan show,directed to the Mytton and Mermaid for a pub lunch.Place seemed fairly large,busy,no river views.staff seemed busy ,but were friendly and helpful.I chose from the menu of the day,because its usually fresh,I wanted a lite bite to eat.i asked for the BBQbeef sandwich,which came with crisps and coleslaw.It arrived looking fab with a big FAT gherkin,bread looked small but tasted fresh and crispy,the meat inside was in small pieces,of braising steak,bit tendinous light brown coloured with minimal taste,also inside was a small onion fritter.The crisps were ok,the coleslaw not very tasty and the meat kept flying out of the bread,in pieces,and what i did manage to eat had not a lot of taste.It seemed as if it was casserole beef left over that was being used up for a sandwich.all this for £7.95 was a bit stiff.my friend had a starter and one drink of orangejuice came to £17.00I dont mind paying ,if the food tastes good.We went to Allingham park across the road,and i wish now i had eaten there instead!

There are newer reviews for The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Mytton and Mermaid has served the wider local community of Shrewsbury and South Shropshire with distinction for many a long year. Whether it be for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner or a special occasion, the standards are (nearly) always high, the staff are uniformly efficient, helpful and pleasant and the atmosphere is welcoming.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been there, but have never regretted it and, on the last occasion, lunch was of such a high standard that I feel I ought to record my appreciation. Both in terms of content and presentation it could hardly be faulted, though it should be noted that there was a confusion between the printed menu that was handed to us and the version that the chefs were working to!
But the mark of a good restaurant is how it deals with problems and on this occasion it was with slick and impeccable service, an honest apology and almost instant rectification of the error. One cannot ask for more than that.....
The M&M is dependable for all occasions and within the means of all but the most miserly.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Popped in for anniversary cocktails, and decided to stay for dinner. The initial welcome at the bar felt a little disinterested, but thereafter the service was excellent. Although our table was visited by different personnel throughout the evening, all were completely aware of what stage we were at and were very attentive. I had scallops followed by chicken in parma ham. The food was excellent, nicely presented and tasted wonderful, my husband had the soup followed by Steak - again lovely. We didn't have room for dessert, but we did take coffee out in the courtyard. The setting was lovely and peaceful and we will go again. Easy and safe to park. This is a quality restaurant at a price to be expected. Could only improve by a more friendly and attentive initial welcome and the restaurant could do with being a little cooler as it did rather warm up during the course of the evening. Overall I would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Having been ill for quite sometime I needed to get out so we went local. I ordered roast beef ( in the bar you can have either 1/2 or 3 courses)and @ 12.95 for roast beef main course a tad expensive. I was asked if I would like it pink or well done, now as someone who likes beef medium I asked for it pink. It arrived RED so it went back for a quick flash and came back nearly pink. 2 big slices of rare roast beef and very tasty gravy with a huge homemade yorkie full of delicious gravey and 3 roast potatoes that had the left over from lunch look to them. Vegetables served separately included red cabbage, broccoli, carrots, new potatoes and rather sad gloppy mash. My partners Ham chips and eggs was without fault except they serve it an wooden board.
We love this place and its the second nearest pub, our favourite The Horse shoes doesn't do food on Sunday night .........

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Recently had an evening meal here, food was fantastic, excellent service in beautiful surroundings. Would thoroughly recommend.