“Too expensive for what it is.”

Restaurant Villa Rothschild Grill & Health
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual. Fine. Dining. A restaurant with passionate cuisine, strong focus on grill and health aspects for culinary delights and high-class yet welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for dinner and while the food was mostly ok, I feel they did overcharge quite a lot for the level of quality and service on offering here.
It started with the cocktail as aperitif I ordered (mojito); I rather would have liked them to tell me they don’t have a bartender and propose me something else than to offer me a warm mix with few ice cubes in a G&T glass. That’s not ok in a ‘fine dining’ restaurant. Next The sommelier proposed me a glass of white wine which he let me taste first. It was very nice and I asked if I could ‘delay’ my glass up to the main course. Sure I got it with the main course. The bill however had 2 glasses on it. When I pointed that out to the waitress her answer was a dry ‘but you had another glass’, after an awkward silence she disappeared and made a new bill.
Also, the restaurant was only half full but they insisted on putting everyone in the same corner 1m away from each other. You get more privacy in a McDonald’s.

The food wasn’t bad but surely there must be better places in the area for this price.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019

we had a business event at the villa, and I had breakfast and lunch. The food served were upto my expectations, tasty and had variety.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited the place for my husband's birthday. First, the service was great and much high above the regular German standard. We felt quite comfortable with how the staff interracted with us from the receptiin to the end. They also arranged for us a lovely corner seat from where we could enjoy a view and warmth of the fire place. My husband took the course, and I ordered a la karte. I really enjoyed every dish they served except that some were too salty to my taste (which happens often in Germany because most people are maybe used to strong saltiness). But overall, good quality for good price!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I came for dinner since the place is closed for lunch. I paid almost 100 euros for a far from memorable meal. Service was excellent. The small macaron which was the final 'mignardise' is utterly ridiculous in a place of this standing. The park around the restaurant and hotel is nice and the only good reason to eat in this place is either to sleep at the hotel or to have a good walk in the park before dinner (after dinner it is too dark and too cold).

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2018

A modern restaurant in a historical building located in the middle of a large park. Good selection of menu items and friendly service. Food was good, well prepared and arranged in an appetising manner. The wine list was for obvious reasons full of Rieslings and I missed some of the German red wines I have enjoyed in other restaurants in the region. But overall, a good restaurant with prices that are on the high side.

Date of visit: July 2018