All reviews beautiful park pleasant hotel spa fireplace frankfurt shuttle cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2018

I had booked with one month in advance by paying in advance the amount of 175 euros, inclusive of breakfast, for a single room, with the idea that losing 175 euros would not kill me if I changed my plans to sleep in Karlsruhe or Frankfurt where I had some business. The room was small with a smaller WC but otherwise perfect with an impeccable bathroom (with a shower, simple but efficient. I am allergic to showers which offer 36 possibilities). Service was beyond my wishes. I noticed that I forgot my umbrella in the room after having returned the key and the person at the reception hurriedly went to the room and brought it to me in 46 seconds. Breakfast was excellent although I was fortunate to have included it in my package. It costs separately around 40 euros, which is too much. Everything was good but I saw no yoghourt. The only minor false note is that I came to breakfast (which opens at 6.30 a.m.) at 6.36 a.m. and that, while everything was ready, the bowls to take cereals had been forgotten and were brought promptly. I may try one day the brother of this hotel, another Kempinski hotel in the same town, but this one is inside a beautiful park and is very close to a remarkable auction house, Reiss und Sohn, which offers twice a year some of the best and most varied book auctions in the world, has excellent staff and which dominates the German market. I attended part of the sale which was quite interesting and watched a gentleman asking by phone his boss whether he should pay 80 000 euros for a first edition of Malthus and the boss answered yes. I saw this once in my life and doubt that I will have another occasion as the Malthus book seems rare, although its contents are awfully wrong. The serene atmosphere of Königstein im Taunus has always lowered my blood pressure and I will return to this hotel and possibly even to the auction house.

Room tip: All rooms seem quiet.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
S_Eisermann, Manager at Villa Rothschild Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your friendly feedback and taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We are very happy you liked our hotel and the service provided. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share this with my Team.

We would be honored welcoming you again soon in the Villa Rothschild Kempinski.

With best regards

St. Eisermann

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Went there for their so-called “Gourmet-Gipfel“ where they have chefs, some of them with Michelin stars, from different national and international restaurants cooking some of their signature dishes for you to try. There are also different vintners and champagne houses whose products you can sample. The dessert buffet is incredible. The evening is crowned by an impressive firework display. All in all, an unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
S_Eisermann, Manager at Villa Rothschild Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Rita,

Thank you very much for visiting the Villa Rothschild for joining this special event and taking the time to share your moments with other travellers. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and of course I will share this with my Team.

Dear Rita, we would be very happy to welcoming you again at the Villa Rothschild Kempinski, latest next year for the "Gourmet-Gipfel" 2019.

Kind regards

Steffen Eisermann

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a small castle hotel with only 18 rooms- decor is stylish and true to the history of the place. Excelent dining in the restaurant, huge and interesting wine cellar.
Service level is top notch. Shuttle land rover will take you to the sister hotel with sauna, outdoor heated pool and spa.
We have been comming here for tears and the place never dissapoints.
Try their cocktails!

Date of stay: February 2018
St_Massa, Manager at Villa Rothschild Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear TommyL,

thank you so much for your friendly feedback and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are glad you liked our hotel and the service provided. We would be honored welcoming you again soon.

with best regards
St.Massa

Reviewed October 30, 2017

just close to perfection
very delicious food,
very large rooms with a working fireplace (gas)
amazing view
near to Frankfort
nice and well-stocked bar
very nice and helpful staff
very calm place / large parking lot

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
St_Massa, Manager at Villa Rothschild Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear Sascha K,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

We apreciate your great feedback and would be honored welcoming you again.

With kind regards

St. Massa

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Excellent hotel with excellent kitchen. High-end class without excess which seems to attract the right type of guests and creates the right atmosphere. Take a walk in the beautiful surrounding forest with great views. Take the free shuttle or have a short run to their other hotel, and enjoy the fitness, wellness, and great heated outdoor pool; large enough to do your laps. I hope during my next visit, my coffee will be garnished with a cookie and my drink is accompanied with a little bite. This little luxury, not excessive, was lacking. Otherwise, no complains.

Room tip: For a better view take the Frankfurt side of the building
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear LamarckTrip,

We are glad you liked our properties and the service provided. We appreicate your little hints and surely pass them on to the relatred teams.

It would be our pleasure welcoming you again soon and remain with kind regards

St. Massa