“Awesome service”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Piarco B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I really recommend this hotel for a night stay or for vacation. The service is really excellent and friendly. The hotel, the rooms are clean. There is a free shuttle from the airport and to the airport and you even have breakfast included! I want to specifically mention Sita - that really took care of all details from the moment I booked till I left making sure the transportation was set up and all was well.
Helton & Daniela - Brazil

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed during carnival week. It was great! Quiet. Wifi. Cable with plenty of North American channels. For her being fully booked I never heard a peep from the other guest. The only indication there were others then us was passing them on the way in and out. Breakfast was great fresh fruit, cheeses, pastries, teas etc.. I saw a dog... a big one (very common in Trinidad for security) never heard or smelt it. My only dislike was the hot water ran out a couple of times but my senses lead me to belive it was due to too many american length showers. All in all it was good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hott_NiKKs
sitasingh, Owner at Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Hi Hott Nikks,

Thank you for your review of Airport Inn we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Take care until we meet again.

Regards.

Sita

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I met my expectations. If you´re looking for a place to spend a night between flights, this is the place. They will pick you at the airport and drive you back. Good beds, nice and clean house. Excellent wi-fi speed. All for half almost half of the price of the nearest hotel. Most important: rooms don´t smell like mothballs - naphthalene balls (used extensively in the Caribbean to keep bugs away).

The only down side is that there is no dinner offered and although seems like a peaceful neighborhood I was a bit concern of walking to the near store and fast food restaurant. Giving the opportunity for one to store fresh veggies to make his own salads would be the only thing I would ask for.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am not sure if the other reviewers stayed at the same place that we did!!! Sita was a wonderful host and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. We were going to pick up my Mother In Law and had an early flight, so she stayed with us and SIta made her feel very welcome, making her tea and giving her special care. The house was beautifully decorated for the holidays also.
The price is very reasonable considering the location, and the fact that she will pick you up and take you to the airport. Compared to other places in the area she is a bargain. Yes there is a dog there, but there were no dogs barking all night, so I am not sure where some of the negative feedback is coming from. I would stay at the Airport Inn again in a heartbeat! Thank you Sita, for your hospitality and opening your home up to us. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JillPhoenix
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were stranded at the airport due to a canceled flight. The airport called Sita for us and they highly recommended her. She made an accommodation and instead of charging us $5,000 or whatever her standard rate is, she only charged $80 which I still think was too much considering what we got. She thought she was doing us an amazing favor. The rooms are basic. They're in a private home, so you really can't feel that you have any privacy. There are dogs that barked endlessly through the entire night, so getting sleep is not an easy thing to accomplish especially if you have an early flight in the morning. I guess looking at it from the bright side, if you don't sleep at all at night, then you'll be awake to make your flight at 6 AM! Sita unfortunately has a very bland personality, no smiles, nothing pleasant. I don't know if she had a bad day or if she generally has the personality of a paper towel, but she did during my encounter. For the outrageous price, you can easily stay at a real hotel by the airport and get privacy and a quiet room so that you can sleep. I regret this experience and would not recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: The best recommendation is to NOT stay here. There are only 4 rooms in a private home. You have no...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Reuben Z
sitasingh, Owner at Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sooo sorry that your experience was unpleasant, I humbly apologize for wasting your time and giving you such a regretful experience. By no means was it my intention when I offered to give you a room at a single rate for a double. You were so stressed that you were at the end of your trip and did not have much money left and please would I reduce my rate and I did to assist you. Yes, my establishment is a Bed and Breakfast which is rooms in a private home. Again I apologize if this was not explained to you but given your situation I guess the officer at the tourist information thought that your best bet would be me with their past experience with my property for guests asking for reduced rates, which the bigger hotels would never entertain. With regards to my personality forgive me if I came across as a paper towel but if after one has extended oneself based on a story of no funds only to learn that you now want to take tours and that you might as well enjoy your time in Trinidad at a coastal resort etc.which costs much more money than my regular rate of 50.00US per person, I think may just be unsettling for the person who is extending themselves for you.
Again I apologize for your regretful experience at my basic, humble property. I wish you all the best.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My fiance and I were on the second week of our honeymoon traveling from St Lucia to Cusco. The flight plan was St Lucia to Trinidad to Panama CIty to Lima to Cusco. When we landed in POS we found out that we were not going to make our next flight and needed to spend the night. The tourist center recommended Airport Inn. Only 3 minutes away the price included travel from and back to the airport and even a trip to the mall if we wanted to kill some time and get some dinner. We opted to walk up the street for KFC at the gas station. On the way, the driver was heading back to the airport to pick up another couple. He stopped to give us a lift to the KFC with rain clouds on the way. The room had what we needed; a bed, A/C, TV (Stanley Cup game 5) and private bath. Worked out so well that we will be keeping them in mind the next time we are passing through or staying in Trinidad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stewart1013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a room at the Airport Inn for 11th February 2013 a month in advance via email as I knew it would be difficult finding somewhere at Carnival time. Sita emailed back and asked me to call on the 10th to confirm I was coming. When I called on the 10th I spoke to Sita who confirmed my booking and asked me to ring the next day once my flight arrived so that I could be collected from the airport. When I called from the airport on the 11th I spoke to a man who said he knew nothing about my booking and there were no rooms free. When I asked to speak to Sita, he said she had gone away for a couple of days. I was surprised to be let down so badly by a hotel that had consistently good reviews on Trip Advisor. It was very difficult finding alternative accommodation and I ended up staying the night with a local family.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Clifford H
sitasingh, Owner at Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Hi Clifford,

I am so sorry about the mix up with the booking and I will not proceed to justify it or reason it, it is absolutely not acceptable for a confirmed booking. Please accept my apologies for the distress caused to you. If you are going to be in Trinidad or passing through please let me know.

Again I apologise and hope to hear from you again.

Regards.

Sita

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Inn Flight Suites
Las Cuevas Beach Lodge
Las Cuevas Beach Lodge
#1 of 1 in Las Cuevas
Piarco Village Suites

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!