“Incredibly friendly”

Piarco Village Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Piarco B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had only a short overnight stay at Piarco Village Suites, but Veejaintee and Jawol were incredibly friendly. I had a very early morning flight out and they happily got up and took me to the airport after feeding me a tasty breakfast.

The room was very clean and comfortable. I cannot comment on the location other than that it is very conveniently located for the airport, I do not if there is anything else located nearby - but Veejaintee cetainly does!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pcw939
Veejaintee B, Manager at Piarco Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to doing it again.
Thanks for your review.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here for a night as we transited back home, and found it very comfortable and great value for money.

Located in a quiet neighbourhood close to the airport, this is a small, very comfortable hotel, opened within the last 18 months. The owners live in one building, while the accomodation is located just opposite in another, all within the one property. Our room was clean, well presented and very comfortable, with air conditioning, TV and free wireless access. Our bathroom featured a huge shower stall & double basins - plenty of room. A small kitchen with fridge, microwave, jug, tea/coffee etc is located in the middle of the complex and is very useful.

Veejaintee's husband kindly drove us down to the mall to get take away (& waited with us), a personal touch which was really appreciated. We were also picked up / dropped off at the airport which made our stay very smooth. Its useful to note that accommodation needs to be paid in cash rather than credit card at the moment (check with the owner to see if this has changed), and that if you are planning on staying for a few days, you might find a car useful.

I'd highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Veejaintee B, Manager at Piarco Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments and it was our pleasure serving you.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It has been awhile since I stayed there, but I made a note to write a review when I had the chance. Like the title says, " Pleasant and Inviting, " Piarco Village Suites is just that. The hosts greeted me at the gate and welcomed me with a warmness and friendliness sorely missing from the many places I have stayed over the years. It was like I was staying with family, whom I had never met, but still cared for my well being.
Just needed a place to stay for the night as I was leaving out the next morning, but a place to rest my head turned into a pleasant memory. Just sad I didn't have time for breakfast or the extended pleasure of their company.
I recommend to anyone who is looking for a good night's rest and the down home feel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am happy that your experience at our facility was pleasant and I thank you for taking the time to express this. Your review is much appreciated.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Veejaintee & her husband Jawol were the best hosts ever, they picked up up from the airport & drove us to get provisions & drove us to the bird sanctuary & picked up up 2 hrs later and brought us back to their very clean, very new hotel, the outside area has a hammock & seating area & there is a kitchen between rooms. It is only a couple minutes from the airport, Veejaintee had a cooked breakfast at 5am so we wouldn't go to the airport on an empty stomach. My parents (in their 70's stayed the night before us & also loved it!) They dropped them at the mall down th road (which has a great food court with West Indian cuisine as well as KFC which has the best fish sandwich I;ve ever had, wish they had them in Canada)
I cannot say enough about this wonderful family, they made our party of four feel at home. You could pay an additional $100 to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but why would you? You would not get service like this.
Thank you Veejaintee & Jawol, Mark, Diane, Did, Steve, Anita & Alec.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

It was our pleasure serving you and we so look forward to spending time with you again.
Thanks for your very kind comments.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The close proximity to the airport was perfect for our family as we stayed here during a long layover. The hosts provide airport transfers, which was a wonderful perk. The hotel is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood. The hosts were absolutely wonderful and treated us like a part of their family for the day! We enjoyed their hospitality and friendliness. The rooms were clean and large enough for our family to be comfortable in. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review.
We enjoyed your company and look forward to serving you some time in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a new hotel conveniently placed close to the airport. It is a 2 - 3 min drive... But not close enough to walk it by any means. However there is no need to take a taxi since this hotel offers airport transfers.

The first impression as you drive into the well landscaped grounds is how peaceful and quiet the space is. It also feels as if you are in a gated community which gives one a secure feeling.

Our hosts seemed to by very nice and personable and ensured that we were comfortable, understood how to work various things like the a/c and the door lock (it was a special kind of lock) and that everything was to our liking. We also spoke about a variety of topics like jobs and delicious Indian dishes. Our hosts also offered to take us to the mall for shopping when/if we got bored hanging around the grounds.

Breakfast was wonderful and consisted of a variety of items including yogurt, eggs, turkey bacon and ham with coffee or juice.

High ceilings, spacious, modern and airy describe the self contained one bedroom apartment (the suites) in which we stayed. The rooms are properly lit either from natural light or the modern overhead lights. The atmosphere of the suite overall seems "light" and lends itself to relaxation. You get a fridge, stove, microwave, utensils, etc. In a space that looks new and modern.

There are large screen led TV in both the living room area and bedroom equipped with cable but if you have a flash-drive or a laptop with an HDMI cable with movies you can pop that into the TV as well.

The bathroom is small but cozy with a shower big enough for 2.

We give this place top marks because the location is fantastic, the space is nice, you feel secure on the compound, breakfast is delicious and we had wonderful hosts who made our stay great.

I will recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Trinidad and it will certainly be worth a second or third or fourth visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francis083

Thanks for your comments and yes we do aim to please.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you have to catch an early flight. The host was very helpful supporting our travel arrangements which included our online check in, picking us up and dropping us off at 5 am. It's a small family run business and we felt quite at home in this welcoming environment. The rooms are very clean, modern, quiet and with great air-conditioning, TV and even an iron. Comfortable beds, quality bedding with the best pillows in Trinidad- the plastic mattress pad was the only draw back in my sleep experience. I would recommend this hotel if you want to escape the noise of Port of Spain as the location is in a quiet neighbourhood of finer homes. It is a couple minutes from the airport which can spare you a lot of anxiety or grief as the traffic in Port of Spain is really, really bad.
There is a mega mall close by which has an extraordinary amount of stores that's worth having a look even if you don't like malls ( like me) . A nice breakfast and great hosts- we will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

It was our pleasure serving you and we hope that you would give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Cara Suites
Cara Suites
#1 of 1 in Claxton Bay

Been to Piarco Village Suites? Share your experiences!