“Overpriced, Noisy”

Airport Suites Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Piarco
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place appears to be OK at first glance until you get woken up by the sound of jack hammers and banging on the roof at 6 AM. It's a shame because the location is perfect if you're looking to stay near the airport and it offers a free shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was friendly, but the horrendous construction noise in the morning is unbearable. The reference to "Jacuzzi" in hotel ads online is an outright LIE! There is a small pool, but it's NOT a Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Loud construction at 6 AM makes it impossible to get good rest at any location on the hotel property...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TobagoRobbin, Manager at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us. However it must be noted that the upgrading of our hotel is to ensure better comfort of all our guest. We also acknowledge that during this process there would have been disruptions in the normal service that we provide. Our main goal at Airport Suites Hotel is to provide unparalleled service; we also would like to inform you that all upgrades have been completed. We do hope that you would stay again with us again in the near future!
Best Regards
Management

There are newer reviews for Airport Suites Hotel

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel, one on arrival and one on departure. It's by far the most economic option in the airport area and I looked online at everything available in Port of Spain factoring in taxi fares. The airport shuttle service is very prompt and complimentary. The rooms are very basic and are comparable to a Motel 6 in the USA. The rooms and property are secure and quiet, the sheets and room are clean, and the shower water sufficiently hot. The two different rooms I had were internal and had no view to the outside. Also, there was no way to regulate the room temperature and I found them a little cool to my liking. The staff is friendly and helpful and the restaurant food I had was good. It's located in a residential area and there is not much else in the vicinity.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tilfyre
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The shuttle service is just a phone call away, rooms are clean and the kitchen serves great local food. As compared to other options nearby which are highly overpriced I would recommend this hotel for the value.This hotel is no five star but is ideal for overnight stays. A hot shower and a comfortable bed to get a good nights rest.

Room Tip: King Rooms overlook the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stay at this hotel while awaiting our connection. I must say that it was a good choice, the rooms are a bit small but is just enough for a one night layover. Best of all the shuttle is free. I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a affordable,clean and safe hotel near piarco!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was placed in this location because my flight was overbooked. The rooms smell and the shower/bath tub had mold. We did not feel secure, we felt someone was looking at us.

Airlines need to do a better job with placing passengers in better, secure locations. I was very, very, very dissapointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank c0r8k03
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose this hotel on Booking.com because it was close to the airport and had a shuttle. Front desk was friendly but the room was very very basic. They are upgrading this hotel but it needs a lot more work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richmil
TobagoRobbin, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Good Day,

We are always pleased to hear from our guests. We are pleased to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading and hope that your next stay with us will be more appealing to you!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Found the hotel on Hotel.com as I had an overnight in Trinidad.

It was convenient as it is near the Airport. Bed was ggod, but the room very basic; no decoration.
Think I was the only one in the hotel the night I was there....
Tara is providing an excellent service and cook me a dinner at 9:30pm. Food was good but a little expensive for what was served.
I was happy with the shuttle service that pick me up and bring me back at the airport.
The roomwas Ok, but not more then this. I would not stay in that hotel for a week.
The hotel not located near restaurants or shopping centers.

Room Tip: For an overnight only
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piarco
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
#1 of 22 in Port of Spain
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
#2 of 22 in Port of Spain

Been to Airport Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!