“A good lunch break”
Review of Rhoda's Restaurant

Rhoda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhoda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is our lunch stop when skiing at Taos Ski Valley. There's a good selection of salads and sandwiches. It's at the bottom of the main lift, so it's easy to come and go during a day of skiing.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Food was very good, wine list was limited and after the second bottle they ran of our choice. The bar also didn't have one of my drinks of choice. The waitress made up for it by accommodating us in every way possible. There was no bread served. The baked Brie appetizer was delicious. We were 2 couples and all were happy with the entrees. The NY stripsteak was great and also the fettuccine Alfredo. Overall recommend this restaurant for reasonable prices and having actual good quality dinner entrees instead of the typical bar food at ski resorts!

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I would totally recommend this place to anybody for their lunch break during skiing. They have the best sandwiches with great sides for a really decent price. And our waitress was super nice as well. Plus, you can ski right to their terrace. What's not to love?! Pictures on my blog: http://countryskipper.com/2011/04/14/skiing-in-taos-ski-valley/.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Rhoda's is a sit down restaurant at the base of the ski area. Wonderful fries, great burgers and delicious soups. The service is outstanding. It's quite a bit quieter than the cafeteria next door and is a nice spot to take a break, have a beer and relax for lunch.

Reviewed March 25, 2008

While in Taos snowboarding for a week, I traveled around and tried many of the restaurants. Rhoda's was right in front of me at the ski resort, located directly beside the cafeteria at the resort. I read a review online for an item they no longer carried, but decided to stay and make another selection.

The first time I ate at Rhoda's I had the chicken fried steak with country gravy, mash potatoes and corn. Being from Texas, you can get a chicken fried steak almost anywhere, the one I had here at Rhoda's was above average. I wouldnt say it was the best Ive ever had, but It was definitely in the top 10 Ive ever had.. The mash potatoes were great, with the skins included and had lots of flavor. Crusting on the steak was very good, not too thick, but very crispy.

The second time I ate at Rhoda's I had the Rhoda's salad, which was excellent. A mixture of lettuce, spinach, and other greens, topped with a sweet dressing, sugared walnuts, and sweet raisins, and white cheese.

For my main entree I had the coconut shrimp which were very large, fried up and battered with coconut nicely, presented very appetizingly along with a small bowl of curry sauce which went great with them.

Both times I had sunshine wheat beer which was on tap. Upon exiting the restaurant someone asked how the food was. I replied that everything was excellent, and that I had just had the coconut shrimp and salad. Later I saw them eating on the lodge deck, with shrimp and salad. They replied back to me that everything in fact was excellent.

I would recommend this restaurant to tourists as well as skiers/snowboarders. The food is great, quality and serving sizes are excellent on most items and at a great value for this type of dining on the slopes.