We booked Austing Haus based on availability, pricing and reviews posted on the internet. We stayed for 4 nights from Dec 27 to Dec 31 - likely the busiest time of the year. First time I had called about a reservation, I spoke to Sarah - she was very nice and accepted our request to hold the rooms while I got some breathing room to make the decision. She was also very helpful and forthright about the location, food options and other activities. The pricing was the lowest (when compared to all other options). They also did not have the minimum night stay requirements that other hotels in the area required from us. Since this location is not right next door to the lifts, they provide a very convenient shuttle service (very accommodating for special requests). AH is located about 1.5 miles/5 mins to the lift s and is right on the road to the Taos Ski Valley - so very convenient that way.
We stayed in the room with the loft. The kids had a blast going up n down. The loft is spacious. The AH is a slightly old facility, so I would not expect state of the art fixtures. They have a fabulous breakfast room with decent breakfast and really friendly service. In fact, the family of the owners was helping out and they made us feel at home.
- We had our daughter spill nail polish all over the carpet in the loft and were concerned about the cost of getting the damage fixed. The owner promptly came over, brought nail polish remover, stain remover and scrubbed off the whole thing (he spent > 30 mins after 9pm to get this done). Really nice of him to do this and he made sure that there are no additional charges
- They let us use the laundry rooms for personal use
- Super nice people
- Nice old feel to the place
- Excellent people (best part of our stay)
- The bathrooms can do with a bit of a face-lift
- Would be nice to have a bit better TV and a few more channels
We've been to Taos a couple times and there is no question we will go back again. And we will stay at no place other than Austing Haus!
- Also Known As:
- Austing Haus Hotel Taos Ski Valley
- Austing Haus Bed And Breakfast
- Austing Haus B&B Taos County/Taos Ski Valley, NM