“Excellent, well-organized ski school”
Review of Taos Ski School

Taos Ski School
Des Moines, Iowa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent, well-organized ski school”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Can't find a better ski school for your kids! We found the ski school to be very well-organized. The kids were organized into groups with other kids of similar experience. My daughter even had an instructor one-on-one for snowboarding as she was the only one starting that day. They serve healthy lunches and do two 2 hr teaching sessions. Lots of fun, patient staff.

Phoenix
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Good value, but be patient!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our 11 yr old daughter took part in the ski school and while the instructors were great and she did learn some good skills, she sat around waiting for everyone to get situated for almost 1.5 hours in the morning and was begging us to get her out - once it got started she was good to go, but this was almost a deal breaker for her. Our son took part in the snowboard lessons and found the group lesson to be slow moving, but the next day took a more semi-private lesson and got a lot out of it, again instructors were fantastic.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank travelingagain08
Houston, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent school”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our teenage kids, who never snowboarded in their life, found the school enjoyable and very informative. They liked most of the instructors and were able to navigate the greens after one and a half days.

1 Thank me4osu
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Took my kids on BLACKS”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I do not ski as well as my teenagers and since we had never been to Taos before I got them a private instructor for 2 hours. I asked her to show them the mountain and once she saw how well they skied to let them know which runs they could safely ski. I had been warned that Taos was steep so I was a little concerned. I made sure that I told her that they had skied greens and blues in Santa Fe the year before. She took them on a BLACK for the first run. My kids proceeded to fall their way down the mountain. According to them they spent more time doing runs that were too hard for them than ones that they were capable of doing. She did give them so pointers but overall if was a bad experience for them.

1 Thank Lakegirl02
Houston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Ski School”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is our first time skiing so we can't compare to other schools. Our experience was very positive. We had a private lesson for 5 on Monday March 11 with Carl Shulman. GREAT instructor, highly recommend. He had us all skiing at the end of the 3 hour lesson.
All of the areas that we touched, from sign-in, rent equipment, lockers, to restaurants, everyone was friendly & accommodating. The St. Bernard deck restaurant at lunch was very nice & the food was great. Highly recommend. We also went back on Thursday for yellowbird 2, again