“outstanding service”
Review of Taos Ski Valley

Taos Ski Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains in Northern New Mexico, Taos Ski Valley is a world famous destination for riders and skiers of all ability levels. Taos is primarily know for its steeps but offers beginner & intermediate trails off the top of every single chair lift. For the advanced to expert skier/rider Taos offers some of the most challenging and varied terrain in the country, especially off its hike to ridges. The family vibe is also embodied in the quaint village of Taos Ski Valley. Not overdeveloped the resort offers a simple night life, lots of dining options, with everything in close proximity. If you are looking for more than skiing/riding check out the historic town of Taos just 18 miles down the road for a true vacation destination.
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“outstanding service”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived late in the afternoon and could buy a $15 sundowner ticket for the last hour - everyone was very helpful and friendly. The rental people kindly gave me boots and skis very quickly for $10 and I made it to the lift in time for a couple of excellent runs in superb surroundings. A great experience all round.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Richard B

Des Moines, Iowa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I took a day to visit this ski slope. It was awesome. I am not an experienced skier, but loved giving it my best shot. The slopes were exceptional and wonderful to ski down. We would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys skiing.

Visited January 2013
Katy, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Discovery of the year”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Really great mountain for all types of skiers, enough snow in December, no lines to ski lifts, enough places to eat - the only drawback is that there was just one restaurant on the top of the mountain and a small one.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Julia A
Lampasas, Texas
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Keep Coming Back”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've been coming to Taos for the last 5 years. It's a great place for your kids to learn. Once they tackle this mountain they are ready for just about any place. We've skied at the other resorts/runs in the area and they just don't measure up. The facilities, staff and over all adventure keeps us coming back. I'm by now means an all-star when it comes to skiing, generally all blues, blacks do me in. But our kids learned here years ago and now my son is pretty spectacular, and my daughter keeps up. The lines are long, compared to some of the other places, especially up the maintain. Once you get past the lower lifts, it's beautiful up there, I love the views, sounds, smells, everything. Cold Smoke Photography is there throughout the day to capture family pictures as well. There are a few stops up and down the mountain for breaks and refreshments...as in adult beverages. See ya soon.

Visited March 2012
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Skiing fun for First Timers”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were 2 couples and all 4 of us were in Taos for the skiing fun. None of us had done skiing before and so we were kind of scared. We took the private lesson 2 hour class which was of 150 bucks for all 4 of us including the ski, Poles and shoes. The teacher was very kind and patient with us. He taught us for almost 2.5 hours and made us a lot more comfortable than we thought. We practiced for atleast a couple of hours more and then felt tired. It was great fun to be here. I didn't try the restaurants though, but heard from some folks that Saint Bernard has a grill and they have awesome food. All in all it was a awesome experience and now we are planning to go for atleast 4 days end of February if they have skiing available at that time.

Visited December 2012