“Warming hospitality of Scotland”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Craiglea Lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
katiegree...
Orkney Islands, United Kingdom
“Extremely poor cleanliness and facilities not up to scratch.”
Reviewed May 21, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We arrived for a family birthday and were all very excited. Upon arrival everything appeared to be good. However on closer inspection we realised the cleanliness was not up to basic standards.

The oven was covered in grease and fat, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I don't expect a lot but cleaning the oven after previous guests definitely should be done!!
This was not all there were cobwebs in the bedrooms and hairs on the carpets.

If you choose to sleep in the bedroom under the kitchen. Don't expect to get any sleep until all of the guests are out of the kitchen as the extremely loud, creeky floorboards will keep you up.

When using the bathroom in the separate smaller accommodation you have to be over 5ft to switch on the light as it turns on by a cable and the cabel is short and difficult to reach.

Last but not least the lodge advertises a swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. However the jacuzzi was broken and when we phoned the owner she told us that the jacuzzi was permanently broken as they can't get the part anymore. This was very disappointing and should be taken down from the website as this is false advertising and a let down to holiday goers.

I can't fault the location or the company that we all had. Although the things I listed were disappointing we still all had a great time and if cleanliness was improved and the jacuzzi fixed I would consider staying again.

ladyfield...
Worcestershire. UK
“Warming hospitality of Scotland”
Reviewed December 12, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We were met by Fiona, the caretaker, who was helpful and showed us everything we needed to know.
The one was beautifully warm, everything worked. Our only problem was it being an upside down house and an old dog who had to be carried upstairs to the lounge!
Stayed at many self catering properties in Scotland over the years, happy to recommend this one.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was warm, everything worked and the beds were comfortable!
Liked least: The ensuite showers were too small, but the downstairs bathrooms were fine.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Large groups People with pets
jp0llins
Edgware, United Kingdom
“Fantastic famliy Holiday”
Reviewed September 13, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous family holiday. The accommodation was first class and exceeded our expectations. It easily accommodated our group which comprised 11 adults and 9 children The owners were very accommodating to our special needs. The location was ideal and the scenery gorgeous. A must for a return visit

Traveling group: Large Group
Anjela030...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Ms”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Our whole family and friends stayed there to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. All the cottages were spotlessly clean, all amenities were there including very plush towels and bedding. The views were amazing and we drove up to John o Groats for amazing family photos. The pool kept the kids amused for hours and I would highly recommend it for any family breaks.

Mark M
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing. Highly recommended!”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We visited Craiglea in August 2012 with some friends and enjoyed it so much that we persuaded our extended family to join us for the following year!
The lodge is furnished to a high level of luxury and comfort. We spent hours in the pool and sauna when we weren't hiking, fishing or other similar activities in the beautiful Scottish Highlands, and spent the long evenings relaxing in the expansive unspoilt grounds that go on for as far as the eye can see.
The adults and children loved it in equal measure and I couldn't recommend it enough.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Traveling group: Large Group
Igors k
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Girlfriends 30th birthday”
Reviewed June 24, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Craiglea Lodge together with friends. We had young children. I was impressed by the complete experience. The booking process was excellent and professional. We were met at the lodge by the local agent who showed us around and kindly saw to all our needs during the stay. Each room was well furnished and comfortable and as advertised. There's a great spacious area for dining/ relaxing. The star is the pool area which is absolutely lovely; the pool clean and warm with music with surround sound, and a table tennis table to top it all off. The kids had a great time during the day and adults had some private time at night. Would surely recommend to families with children and adult breaks

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Large groups People with pets
Camille B
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“for a weekend away I would go again”
Reviewed April 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Since the eve commencing the 9th April until the sunrise of the Sunday passing I ventured to Craiglea with my peers. A delightful journey is was, I felt the epic adventure was nigh, if not for the Astra I travelled in, a limo would have been sufficient. A order was placed with Tesco of Wick, oh my I would order a hundred times over, food of gods arrived in flourishes of golden wonder. The swimming hole was spectacular and the view was miraculous, although some flaws mentioned in other reviews still remained.

Upon the days of swigging whisky I found comfort on the rug, twice this was. A fantastic time I really did have, the beach was grand and I saw some dogs, even a cat, I smiled the whole time for I was just so happy. The only time I was unhappy was when I drank too much gin and cried loads, literally buckets and screamed my heart out.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Watering Hole (Swimming Pool)
Liked least: The jacuzzi wasn't warm
Traveling group: Friends
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing