“Fantastic famliy Holiday”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Craiglea Lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Edgware, United Kingdom
“Fantastic famliy Holiday”
Reviewed September 13, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous family holiday. The accommodation was first class and exceeded our expectations. It easily accommodated our group which comprised 11 adults and 9 children The owners were very accommodating to our special needs. The location was ideal and the scenery gorgeous. A must for a return visit

Traveling group: Large Group
Anjela030...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Ms”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Our whole family and friends stayed there to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. All the cottages were spotlessly clean, all amenities were there including very plush towels and bedding. The views were amazing and we drove up to John o Groats for amazing family photos. The pool kept the kids amused for hours and I would highly recommend it for any family breaks.

Mark M
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing. Highly recommended!”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We visited Craiglea in August 2012 with some friends and enjoyed it so much that we persuaded our extended family to join us for the following year!
The lodge is furnished to a high level of luxury and comfort. We spent hours in the pool and sauna when we weren't hiking, fishing or other similar activities in the beautiful Scottish Highlands, and spent the long evenings relaxing in the expansive unspoilt grounds that go on for as far as the eye can see.
The adults and children loved it in equal measure and I couldn't recommend it enough.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Traveling group: Large Group
Igors k
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Girlfriends 30th birthday”
Reviewed June 24, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Craiglea Lodge together with friends. We had young children. I was impressed by the complete experience. The booking process was excellent and professional. We were met at the lodge by the local agent who showed us around and kindly saw to all our needs during the stay. Each room was well furnished and comfortable and as advertised. There's a great spacious area for dining/ relaxing. The star is the pool area which is absolutely lovely; the pool clean and warm with music with surround sound, and a table tennis table to top it all off. The kids had a great time during the day and adults had some private time at night. Would surely recommend to families with children and adult breaks

Your age range 25-34
Large groups People with pets
Camille B
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“for a weekend away I would go again”
Reviewed April 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Since the eve commencing the 9th April until the sunrise of the Sunday passing I ventured to Craiglea with my peers. A delightful journey is was, I felt the epic adventure was nigh, if not for the Astra I travelled in, a limo would have been sufficient. A order was placed with Tesco of Wick, oh my I would order a hundred times over, food of gods arrived in flourishes of golden wonder. The swimming hole was spectacular and the view was miraculous, although some flaws mentioned in other reviews still remained.

Upon the days of swigging whisky I found comfort on the rug, twice this was. A fantastic time I really did have, the beach was grand and I saw some dogs, even a cat, I smiled the whole time for I was just so happy. The only time I was unhappy was when I drank too much gin and cried loads, literally buckets and screamed my heart out.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Watering Hole (Swimming Pool)
Liked least: The jacuzzi wasn't warm
Thomas F
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value, great location for relaxed break!”
Reviewed March 14, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I stayed here recently as I was working locally. I can see the value of this accomodation for a large family or group of friends. Great value and excellent facilities, even smaller details like inflatibles for the pool and board games in the lounge area.
The only downside for me was the lack of a double bed and minor annoyances that I stress were minor. The views around the area are exceptional! The proprietor was also very helpful and accommodating to any needs.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool facility and lounge area.
Liked least: Kitchen
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Management Response
Mar 15, 2015
Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed Craiglea Lodge.

It is worth pointing out that the twin beds can be connected to make double beds upon request.
Olivia B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic highland lodge!”
Reviewed February 22, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

In February 2015, me and 19 other friends went to stay at craiglea to enjoy our half term break. The lodge itself is fantastic for self catered accommodation with 3 fully furnished kitchens and living rooms with everything you could possible need. Having a pool and sauna was also a luxury, fully equipped with inflatables and towels and a speaker system! However it would have been an even bigger bonus had the Jacuzzi been warmer. The owners do not pester you or interrupt your stay but are on hand 24/7 to help with any issues you have which we felt was a perfect balance. The location is ideal, it is rural but still supplied by asda home delivery, which was how we stocked up for the week! It was just 20 minutes drive from nearby wick with local ammenities and some lovely pubs! Around the lodge is a very remote village which is located on the idyllic coastlines of east Scotland and surrounded by an adorable wood which was perfect for adventures. Craiglea is the perfect mix for parties and exploring, relaxing and celebrating and we would be more than happy to return again. It was also fantastic value at just £60 a head for a whole week!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lodge itself has everything you'd need to live and relax in and the location has everything you'd need to keep you entertained.
Liked least: The wifi was pretty poor, the childens climbing frame was damaged and the trampoline was dismantled- however we went to the highlands in February so probably would not have gotten much use out of either.
Your age range 18-24
Large groups People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing